- Saturday was day 2 of Metrocon for me. I wore my Stevonnie costume and took an Uber to the convention with Jeaux riding with me because one of his props was at my house. I had an excellent time even though by the end of the day my wig was giving me a headache. We enjoyed a few panels, a music video contest, some food, and a whole bunch of fantastic costumes. I also got to accidentally help run a panel because the hosts didn't come, and I won some prizes for being a cartoon trivia nerd. Also saw my friend Joy there.
- Sunday was day 3 of Metrocon for me. I went to an early panel with Victor so he could play with silicon molds, and we looked at costumes and checked out merchandise. When I went home I processed photos and was sleepy.
- Monday I was pretty tired at work. I got some preliminary work done on a proposal that we were going to have to crunch into shape for Thursday. When I got home I fell asleep early.
- Tuesday I stayed late at the office but didn't get much done. I found out I messed something up with a meeting for my boss but we resolved it. I got a ride home, hung out with my mom, and did some doodles for a collaboration I'm doing with someone online.
- Wednesday I got stuck at work for 11 hours working on the proposal! I had to skip Jeaux Day because it was too late, but the good news was that the other person stuck working on the proposal drove me home. At like 8:30. I looked at some houses and got a book review written, and fell asleep shortly after eating a veggie burger.
- Thursday woke up really early, did some work, took a nap, and got up to go to the office early. We got everything done on the proposal but it was really tight; we delivered it with 15 minutes to spare. One of my co-workers bought me sushi! Then I met Jeaux for a smoothie at Freshii and we also watched our shows Wrecked and People of Earth and got to listen to a new Night Vale too. After he left I talked to Victor and drew my comic.
- Friday I worked a short day to make up for the long days I'd been putting in. Then I met up with Mom to look at a house but I didn't like it so I won't apply. We ate together at GrillSmith and she took a nap while I doodled, and after she left I posted my comic and did more sketches.
- Andrea on Goodreads gave it a four-star review.
- Marivi Sanz on Goodreads gave it a four-star review.
- July on Goodreads gave it a five-star review
- هبه النيل on Goodreads gave it an unrated review.
Articles, Interviews, Mentions:
- An article that's hard to read for a couple reasons on girlsaskguys.com entitled "All About Asexuality: An Interview With Asexy" includes some info from my book and a mention of it. I couldn't finish reading it because the website was so packed with disruptive ads that popped on top of the content and made noise, and what I did read had convoluted language, but . . . there you go.
- Finished this week: The Cracks in the Kingdom by Jaclyn Moriarty. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp.
This week I performed "Hanky Panky" by Madonna.
|I drew Garnet during a panel at the convention!|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0639: "Relative Maturity."
No videos this week! I didn't even have time to do a ukulele video.
|Home from the convention, still mostly in costume, hanging out with my gem bud|
|My new shield prop came in!|
And if you haven't gone to see my Metrocon photos from the convention, with all the costumes and goodness, you should read that blog entry!
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,291 for swankivy (lost 5), 648 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 877 for swankivy (lost 2), 1,339 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 295 friends (lost 1--I quietly unfriended someone because almost everything they said was an excruciatingly picky callout post) and 203 followers (lost 3) for swankivy, 658 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 127 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,497 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 120 (1 new).