- So, I spent a bunch of time this week editing a friend's book, and
I'm two thirds of the way done, so I'll probably finish soon . . . just
in time for Pitch Wars. Which, if you didn't know, is STARTING WITH
MENTOR BIO POSTS NEXT WEEK. Damn it crept up on me, and I'm one of the
- I broke a thousand Twitter followers. Twitter was kind enough to tell me so with a little message. Whee.
to Mom's on Wednesday because Jeaux was at the dentist. We made
mushroom gravy and rice, and I helped her carry a mattress. I know, so
exciting. It's good to hang out with Mom, though. And we did Skype with
my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew. Man that kid is a cutie.
got my bike tuned up and its front tire fixed this week, which meant
leaving it in the shop for a couple days and that meant walking to work,
which would have been much nicer if it hadn't been SO RAINY. Ugh.
- Jeaux and I met on Thursday instead of the usual Wednesday and our restaurant choice was Panera. We ate there and watched America's Got Talent at his house.
- I was being a cartoon loser and getting excited that the hiatus for the show I'm following was ending next week with new episodes coming back Thursday, but then got the news that they're postponing the return for another month and yes that counts as news for me. Ughhhh. Well, at least I'll get to focus on Pitch Wars or something. DANGIT.
- Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy published a review of my book written by Anthony Bogaert! And I can't even read the whole thing because everything but the first page is behind a paywall! Well, here's the first page.
- I'm referred to as a "YouTube celeb" in this article from Salon called "Sex? No, thanks: Rather than obsession, what millions of Americans feel about sex is indifference," and they link to my materials. While describing the video they link to as "SwankIvy's unpolished video." Don't know why I'm even bothering to mention it but for some reason it just irritates me that they thought mentioning the quality of my video was relevant at all.
- Completed reading: Calamity Jack by Shannon, Dean, & Nathan Hale. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: Benny and Omar by Eoin Colfer.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "Yesterday" by the Beatles
Webcomic So You Write Issue 50: "Self-Insert."
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0533: "Just One Word."
This week I got a writing video finished regarding "Strong Female Characters." It's about writing good female characters without basically trying to make them give the finger to femininity or become like a boy to be seen as "strong."
|Ate my last Cookie Cat. :(|
Social media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 4,879 for swankivy (38 new this week), 497 for JulieSondra (3 new). Twitter followers: 664 for swankivy (no change), 1003 for JulieSondra (10 new). Facebook: 286 friends (no change) and 182 followers (4 new) for swankivy, 588 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 110 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2114 (20 new).