Saturday, August 15, 2015

Personal Digest Saturday: August 8 – August 14

Life news this week: 
  • I finally sent out my newsletter again. I last sent one in March 2015, so the update was a bit overdue. You can actually read the newsletter without subscribing, but if you read my blog you've probably seen the highlights anyway.
  • Also made a video the same day (Saturday). It's nice when the videos are easy and quick without much editing to do.
  • Went to dinner with my mom on Sunday night, and we hung out for a long time after.
  • Made a bunch of Pitch Wars blog posts this week, gearing up for the big event. Which sneakily opened for submissions on Friday night instead of Monday, because Brenda is silly. :)
  • Tuesday I went to Mom's, had pancakes and blackberries, and helped her with some chores. Also finally got to go to the craft store, which is something I put off because I go inside that place and spend all my money.
  • Jeaux and I ate at Pei Wei (I had tofu pad thai) and we watched America's Got Talent. It's finally getting good now that we're at the live shows. I didn't think I'd care this year because the auditions were kinda meh, but we're having fun now. :)
  • Finally got edits out to one of my critique partners. (He graduates to critique partner rather than friend who reads my junk because he finally wrote a book for me to read!) And helped him with his query a little. He's entering Pitch Wars but not submitting to me.
  • I made a silly video for my personal channel inviting people to come ask questions for me to answer to celebrate hitting 5,000 subscribers. The comments are already full of great questions. I just hope I hit 5,000 soon so I can close the comments, or the answering video will end up ridiculously long.
      New reviews of my book:

      Places featured:
               Reading progress:


              New singing performances:

              Here I'm singing "Love Is a Battlefield" by Pat Benatar.


               
              New drawings:


              Webcomic Negative One Issue 0535: "Game Over."






              New videos:

              Letters to an Asexual #29 is here. It's about "deserving" a community and the circumstances under which I will engage with abusive comments.



              And then there is Ask Swankivy Anything, my 5000 subscriber invitation video requesting questions for me to answer.



              New photos:  

              None.

              Social media counts: 

              YouTube subscribers: 4,934 for swankivy (33 new this week), 499 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 667 for swankivy (no change), 1063 for JulieSondra (32 new). Facebook: 286 friends (no change) and 185 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 591 likes for JulieSondra (3 new), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 110 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2126 (9 new).

              No comments:

              Post a Comment