- I got my first royalty check! Meaning I got paid for my nonfiction
book's sales for the first time. I was paid an advance when it sold, but
after that's earned out I get a percentage of every book that sells,
and I just got paid for the books that sold between its publication date
and the end of December 2014. It's neat. :)
- Pitch Wars went live with mentor bios! I'll be participating as a mentor in a couple weeks. My bio describes what I'm looking for in a mentee's unpublished, unagented book.
got to talk to my fiction agent about future stuff and we had a good
old chat on the phone. We always end up off topic. Hard to do business
sometimes with someone you also like! But that's how it should be.
- Also got to have a lovely phone chat with the Meggie. There's just nothing I can't tell her.
- I finished reading my friend's science fiction book Half-Wit
and I'm still working on pulling together the feedback for him. He's
thinking of entering Pitch Wars but I'm not sure if he will--we'll see
if he has time to write a query letter before then.
- Jeaux and I met on Wednesday and our restaurant choice was Moe's for cheap burritos. We ate there and watched Gravity Falls and America's Got Talent at his house, and also heard the latest episode of Welcome to Night Vale.
- I redecorated for the first harvest, which was fun because for some reason I always get excited about filling the candy bowls with new seasonal candy. Yay orange slices!
Just sharing some from Goodreads first that I never noticed before because Goodreads has a terrible system for showing new reviews and will mysteriously put older reviews at the top of lists that claim to be "newest first":
- No-rating partial review on Goodreads from Giulia, who is putting the book aside for now for Reasons.
- Four-star review from Hezekiah on Goodreads.
- Five-star review from Averie on Goodreads.
- Five-star review from Amy on Goodreads.
- Five-star review from Sarah on Goodreads. (This one was actually from this week.)
- Five-star review from J. DeCourtney "author Recapture Yr Health" on Amazon.
- A Place to be Ace discussed the difference between sexual attraction and sex drive, and quoted liberally from my book to do so.
- gloryandus on Tumblr quoted something from my book about being unpartnered in later adulthood.
- Completed reading: Benny and Omar by Eoin Colfer. Three-star review.
- Currently reading: Landline by Rainbow Rowell.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "Rush Rush" by Paula Abdul.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0534: "My Place."
|Me looking quite tired with my first royalty check.|
Social media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 4,901 for swankivy (22 new this week), 498 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 667 for swankivy (3 new), 1031 for JulieSondra (28 new). Facebook: 286 friends (no change) and 183 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 588 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 110 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2117 (3 new).