Saturday, August 29, 2015

Personal Digest Saturday: August 22 – August 29

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday was Drink and Draw! I got to see my friends again and hang out doodling and munching good stuff. I had a really yummy VLT and soup, and we got to talk about drawing, cartoons, and writing.
  • Sunday and some time every day the rest of the week was spent on Pitch Wars submission reading. I am almost certainly the slowest mentor in the pack because I'm reacting to each one as I read it, writing feedback--partly so I don't have to do it later and partly because it helps me figure out concretely which things I like best. I only requested extra material from a handful of my submitting authors . . . and I'm not done yet.
  • Work at the office was really busy, too. I had a big proposal I had to put together on Monday (and had to work extra hours), and then I got pulled into a huge production job to send out some fliers. I'm going to have to put out more than 3,000 of these things. Rargh.
  • I got a follow-up interview on some quotes I gave a while back, so I guess another interview with me is going to be posted soon. It sounds like it's going to be a pretty in-depth article given the number of my own quotes they read back to me.
  • My friend Jeaux's electricity got turned off for a box replacement or something so he had to sleep over my house. Which is cool since he sleeps in the daytime and was doing so when I wasn't even there. Then he left when I came home. And I went to my mom's. We had Chinese food and hung out talking, and I got to get some of my submissions done there too.
  • Wednesday was Jeaux Day and we ate at Chili's, and then did our usual America's Got Talent watching and updated ourselves on the latest Gravity Falls.
  • I finally hit 5,000 subscribers on YouTube, so soon I'll be able to answer all the questions people sent in for my 5,000 subscriber special. :)
      Places featured:

      New reviews of my book:
               Reading progress:

              • Completed reading: Nothing because I'm focusing on Pitch Wars reading.
              • Currently reading: Sam & Max: Surfin' the Highway by Steve Purcell.

              New singing performances:

              Here I'm singing "Hand in My Pocket" by Alanis Morissette.


               
              New drawings:


              Webcomic Negative One Issue 0537: "A Family, I Guess."






              New videos:

              None.

              New photos:  

              Me at Drink and Draw with Eric's poster.
              My yummy veggie sandwich.


              Social media counts: 

              YouTube subscribers: 5,002 for swankivy (36 new this week), 502 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 671 for swankivy (3 new), 1,156 for JulieSondra (31 new). Facebook: 286 friends (no change) and 186 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 595 likes for JulieSondra (3 new), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 110 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,129 (3 new).

              No comments:

              Post a Comment