- Saturday was Drink and Draw! I got to see my friends again and hang
out doodling and munching good stuff. I had a really yummy VLT and soup,
and we got to talk about drawing, cartoons, and writing.
and some time every day the rest of the week was spent on Pitch Wars
submission reading. I am almost certainly the slowest mentor in the pack
because I'm reacting to each one as I read it, writing feedback--partly
so I don't have to do it later and partly because it helps me figure
out concretely which things I like best. I only requested extra material
from a handful of my submitting authors . . . and I'm not done yet.
at the office was really busy, too. I had a big proposal I had to put
together on Monday (and had to work extra hours), and then I got pulled
into a huge production job to send out some fliers. I'm going to have to
put out more than 3,000 of these things. Rargh.
- I got a
follow-up interview on some quotes I gave a while back, so I guess
another interview with me is going to be posted soon. It sounds like
it's going to be a pretty in-depth article given the number of my own
quotes they read back to me.
- My friend Jeaux's
electricity got turned off for a box replacement or something so he had
to sleep over my house. Which is cool since he sleeps in the daytime and
was doing so when I wasn't even there. Then he left when I came home.
And I went to my mom's. We had Chinese food and hung out talking, and I
got to get some of my submissions done there too.
- Wednesday was Jeaux Day and we ate at Chili's, and then did our usual America's Got Talent watching and updated ourselves on the latest Gravity Falls.
- I finally hit 5,000 subscribers on YouTube, so soon I'll be able to answer all the questions people sent in for my 5,000 subscriber special. :)
- 5 Ways to Better Understand Asexuality: My book is mentioned in this article.
- You Need Help: How to Best Be There for Your Newly Out Asexual Friend:
Autostraddle has an article answering a question about asexual people
coming out and how to support them, and my various materials are
recommended heavily in the bit where they discuss resources for new
- A-Identity Politics: Asexual Exceptionalism, Precarity, and Activism: Ryan Sheehan did a bachelor's thesis on some asexuality-related stuff and apparently a chunk of my work was analyzed here.
New reviews of my book:
- Five-star review from Elizabeth on Goodreads.
- Completed reading: Nothing because I'm focusing on Pitch Wars reading.
- Currently reading: Sam & Max: Surfin' the Highway by Steve Purcell.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "Hand in My Pocket" by Alanis Morissette.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0537: "A Family, I Guess."
|Me at Drink and Draw with Eric's poster.|
|My yummy veggie sandwich.|
Social media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,002 for swankivy (36 new this week), 502 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 671 for swankivy (3 new), 1,156 for JulieSondra (31 new). Facebook: 286 friends (no change) and 186 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 595 likes for JulieSondra (3 new), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 110 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,129 (3 new).