Life news this week:Reading progress:
- Saturday was a fun day: I met my new Internet friend Ralph in person for the first time. He took me out for sushi and we baked brownies at my house. Had a great time and he gave me some Kinder Eggs with toys in them, which I had never had before. After he left I did my blogging and watched some cartoon reactions online.
- Sunday I was invited to Queer Brunch but I really wanted some time to myself and just wasn't up to it. I did do dishes and laundry, and I talked to Mom on the phone and practiced violin. (I wanted to get a better recording of a song that requires a violin part, so I worked on it a while.) I also answered some outstanding messages.
- Monday I had to hit a letter at work. It wasn't as intense as usual because this was the one we tried to get out last week because we thought it was due, but we were wrong about the due date, so we had more time to do it. We got it turned in on time. I practiced violin some more and made some french fries in the oven, and I drew these gross "Frybo" mascot faces on my bowl because I do a lot of weird things after seeing them on Steven Universe. (Frybo is a creepy fry mascot in the cartoon that comes to life because of space magic and the characters have to fight him. By the end he's got ketchup leaking out of his eyes and potato slop dripping out of his mouth. Super disturbing. So I ate my fries out of that.)
- Tuesday I worked and printed business cards and brochures. Mom texted me saying she was really really sick and needed help, so I went to her house for the rest of the night. (She refused to go to urgent care because it costs too much money.) It was pretty awful that I couldn't do anything to make her feel better and she was having trouble keeping food down. I went shopping for her, rinsed out trash cans and did laundry, and kept her company. I went home late at night instead of sleeping over. The nice thing about the day, though was that photos I took of my silly fry monster got the front page on Amino again, and my friend Ralph who decided to start watching Steven Universe on my recommendation finally saw the Season 1 finale and got so excited about it he called me to chat about it. :D
- Wednesday I got totally buried under work stuff and had to edit a letter of response against a ticking clock. We made it though. I checked in with my mom and she'd gone to the urgent care place but they just gave her some instructions and didn't need to treat her, and she was starting to keep fluids down again, so that was a relief. Jeaux took me to Denny's and shopping to get sodas for the party I'm having for my birthday! Then we went home and listened to Night Vale and watched two episodes of Search Party. After he left I played violin some more.
- Thursday I had to hit a proposal for the City of Orlando, so I buried myself in that all day. I checked in with the mama and she was a little better, but she's lost too much weight. Then at home I finally got a not-very-good-but-passable recording of the violin part of the song I want. I talked to Victor, edited the video together, and drew my webcomic.
- Friday I worked on the proposal for Orlando again and got enough done to send to my boss to take over. My co-worker Doug did a presentation about Microsoft 365, which kinda broke up the day. Then he drove me home, which was super nice. I finished drawing my webcomic and posted it amidst lots of slacking off.
- Finished this week: I did not get any books finished, though I'm halfway through my in-progress read.
- Currently reading: Wishin' and Hopin' by Wally Lamb.
This week's song was "Pretty Good Year" by Tori Amos.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0661: "Kids Grow."
I performed The Jam Song from Steven Universe, featuring a ukulele/violin duet. Sorry, it has really been many years since I was competent.
|My disturbing Frybo fries.|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,270 for swankivy (lost 1), 653 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Twitter followers: 905 for swankivy (no change), 1,328 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 296 friends (3 new--accepted friend requests from Ralph and his dog, and a new friend Jacob through my mutual friend Heather) and 201 followers (no change) for swankivy, 658 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 125 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,490 (lost 3). Instagram followers: 131 (no change).