Life news this week:Reading progress:
- Saturday I woke up late and made a 7UP cake before Meghan arrived to hang out with me for our birthday week! We made another cake together, but it was really brownies: layers of love brownies, which include white chocolate chips and caramel sauce. Then our party guests arrived over the next hour or so, bringing potluck items. The party was attended by our friends Victor, Jeaux, Joy, Kari, Yasmin, Arthur, Ralph, Derek, and Rachel. Mostly we just ate, opened our presents, and talked about nerd stuff, and then when the crowd thinned out a bit, some of us played Cards Against Humanity until 4 AM.
- Sunday we stayed at home, cleaned up stuff after the party, and ate our leftovers. I did some laundry and Meg and I talked about family drama, of which she was having a fair amount while out of town. We watched the movie Guardians of the Galaxy and I began to draw her a picture of some Steven Universe characters as a gift.
- Monday was the beginning of my mini-vacation from work. Meggie and I made waffles and ate them, and then we went to a special bakery and got cookies and also ingredients to make snack sushi. We made our food, ate it while bumming around about more drama, and watched the silly Captain Underpants movie. I drew more of the picture.
- Tuesday we had cake for breakfast and went out to see the movie Coco in the theater. Meg had promised it was good, and she was right! We went to a Japanese restaurant after and ate some good food there, and then we went home, and watched an episode of one of Meg's favorite shows: The Great British Bake-Off. I finished drawing the picture that night.
- Wednesday I turned FORTY!! Meg and I spent the morning together, and after she left I checked in with my mom and looked at my family's birthday gift options (they're getting me an outdoor table set, which is something I wanted but put off buying!). Jeaux picked me up later and we ate at IHOP (I had birthday pancakes), and we watched the movie Zootopia and after he left I tried to update a bunch of stuff I document.
- Thursday I had to go back to work and it was too cold to ride the bus so I got a paid ride, but it wasn't bad. Work was slower than I expected and I didn't have much to catch up on, but I did what I needed to. I also began working on updating my Tumblr links page that died a while back for some reason. That night Victor called me while I drew webcomics.
- Friday was kind of busy at the office and I made a bunch of business cards, brochures, and PowerPoint presentations. Meggie's 42nd birthday happened and she still hasn't been having a great time. After work I drew the rest of my comic and tried to relax. Didn't work so well. :P
- Finished this week: Wishin' and Hopin' by Wally Lamb. Three-star review.
- Currently reading: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli.
This week's song was "Tom's Diner" by Suzanne Vega.
|My giant 17 x 14 poster of Steven Universe characters drawn for Meg's birthday.|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0662: "Objective."
Nothing this time! Sorry, I'll get on it soon!
|Meggie and I were making Layers of Love brownies for our birthday party.|
|Birthday cakes for Meggie and me: One 7UP cake, one Layers of Love brownies.|
|A quick candid shot of some of the guests at my fortieth birthday party.|
|Presents brought to my fortieth birthday party for Meggie and me.|
|Meggie and me opening our presents.|
|Me opening some of my presents.|
|Meggie and me opening our presents.|
|I got a yodeling pickle as a birthday present.|
|Meggie got a Mojo Jojo Pop toy for a birthday present.|
|I got a Rocket backpack as a present.|
|Meggie got a Doctor Who police box standup as a birthday present.|
|Meggie got a Journal 3 book as a birthday present.|
|Meggie's homemade sushi.|
|My homemade sushi.|
|Jeaux took me to IHOP on my birthday and I got confetti pancakes.|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,274 for swankivy (4 new), 657 for JulieSondra (4 new). Twitter followers: 902 for swankivy (lost 3), 1,325 for JulieSondra (lost 3). Facebook: 297 friends (1 new--friended Arthur) and 202 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 658 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 125 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,489 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 133 (2 new).