- Saturday I dove into a week of preparation for my Halloween party,
because I knew it was going to be my last weekend before the party
actually happened. I wanted to use having a party as an excuse to clean
my house, so I set about cleaning the office room. My mom came over and
helped me clean some of my toys and hung out with me, and we ate macaroni and nothing. I stayed up all night cleaning the office.
I completed the Great Office Cleaning of 2015. Since this is where I
spend most of my time, I really like that the office room is so clean
now! I also cleaned up the hallway and did some laundry. I also posted a
video about demisexual invalidation.
- On Monday after
work I cleaned my bedroom. Thoroughly. Like, even under the bed. And
then I redecorated for Halloween. Looks so nice!
Tuesday I cleaned the bathroom, which was the final room to clean. And I
started making the food that could be made early, like the cookies that
keep for a long time. I made ginger molasses dough for my animal
cookies and spent the evening cutting out tiny shapes to bake.
was Jeaux Day and our restaurant was IHOP, where I had a coupon for a
free stack of pancakes. We also watched the latest Gravity Falls
(I screamed a lot, I'm afraid), and then after Jeaux left I swept my
porch, baked two pumpkin pies, and drew the pencils for my Halloween
- Thursday morning I got up early so I could do
some errands before work. I dropped some stuff off at a clothes donation
place and did grocery shopping. Then I came home and did a Skype
interview with someone at Convergence magazine who's covering
asexual media representation, and afterwards I made my cream cheese
pumpkin roll and my autumn leaf cookies. And got my windows washed and
some final decorations up. (I wanted to hang shiny spiders from the
- And Friday I did some last shopping, finished drawing my comic, and made vegan pumpkin brownies, banana muffins, and pumpkin muffins. And colored my Halloween door sign for my party. Huzzah!
- Blogger wearmanyhats photographed a copy of my book and declared intent to highlight its text and read it aggressively in front of family.
- Completed reading: Well, as you could see by my week-in-review, I was pretty busy and I decided not to try to cram in reading too. I didn't finish anything this week. Back to it next week!
- Currently reading: The Forgotten Sisters by Shannon Hale.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith.
My door sign for the Halloween party featuring a bunch of my favorite cartoons (The Party God and Finn from Adventure Time, Mabel from Gravity Falls, Keef from Invader Zim, Space Ghost from Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Garnet from Steven Universe, and Wakko from Animaniacs):
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0546: "Pretending to Know."
Letters to an Asexual #30 is here, dealing with demisexual invalidation and other forms of the same.
I didn't take any pictures except some snapshots of my cookie-baking, so I won't post that here.
Social media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,172 for swankivy (14 new this week), 521 for JulieSondra (3 new). Twitter followers: 698 for swankivy (1 new), 1,179 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 287 friends (no change) and 183 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 620 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 111 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,212 (5 new).