- Saturday was my friend Victor's surprise party at my house! His
girlfriend Tia ordered pizza and accompaniments and a cake that I'd
picked up at the local store, and I invited his friends. We all hung out
and chatted about nerdy things and watched him open presents. I think
he had a good time.
- Sunday I did laundry and talked to
my sister, and I made a new video about how to decide what to put on
your acknowledgments page.
- Monday I was supposed to hang
out with Mom but she was tired after my sister and her husband came
over to pick up their dog so we didn't hang out. I answered e-mail and
finished a book review for the book club book.
was my paperback's release day! The sales have been really good
surrounding the new format. My dad was in town so he took me to dinner
at Best NY Pizza. After he left I did some more work with my mentee's
book and put captions on my video.
- Wednesday was Jeaux Day and it involved IHOP and watching the new Gravity Falls
episode at my house. And we shopped at the comic book store. Oh, and at
work I put a bunch of proposals from before I worked at the office into
the recycler to make room for more filing. It's amazing how old some of
the stuff we keep is.
- Thursday I went to book club, where the book was The Hound of the Baskervilles.
I didn't much care for the book but it wasn't terrible. We had a nice
discussion and dinner at Burger 21. And then I went to Jeaux's house to
watch the new episode of Steven Universe. I think it is the last
one for a while and I'm like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. What will I do with
myself? Perhaps I can write a book or something.
- Friday I had to do webcomic stuff and had my mom over. She brought me food from one of our favorite restaurants. So for those of you doing the math, I had restaurant food on Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. That's ridic.
- The Asexual Agenda mentioned my paperback release.
- Completed reading: The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Three-star review.
- Completed reading: Guide to the Crystal Gems by Rebecca Sugar. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: The Forgotten Sisters by Shannon Hale.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "Stars" from Les Misérables.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0544: "Girls Only."
"The Acknowledgments Page": A guide to who you should think about thanking.
|Nerds at Victor's party! Rachael, Michael, Tia, and Victor.|
|Nerds discussing superhero fights. Rachael and Michael, Victor, Jeaux, and my feet.|
|Victor with all his presents.|
And now it's time for the old monthly haircut comparison photo, too.
Social media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,131 for swankivy (19 new this week), 512 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 688 for swankivy (1 new), 1,176 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 287 friends (no change) and 182 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 614 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 110 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,185 (11 new).