Saturday, October 17, 2015

Personal Digest Saturday: October 10 – October 16

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday was my friend Victor's surprise party at my house! His girlfriend Tia ordered pizza and accompaniments and a cake that I'd picked up at the local store, and I invited his friends. We all hung out and chatted about nerdy things and watched him open presents. I think he had a good time.
  • Sunday I did laundry and talked to my sister, and I made a new video about how to decide what to put on your acknowledgments page.
  • Monday I was supposed to hang out with Mom but she was tired after my sister and her husband came over to pick up their dog so we didn't hang out. I answered e-mail and finished a book review for the book club book.
  • Tuesday was my paperback's release day! The sales have been really good surrounding the new format. My dad was in town so he took me to dinner at Best NY Pizza. After he left I did some more work with my mentee's book and put captions on my video.
  • Wednesday was Jeaux Day and it involved IHOP and watching the new Gravity Falls episode at my house. And we shopped at the comic book store. Oh, and at work I put a bunch of proposals from before I worked at the office into the recycler to make room for more filing. It's amazing how old some of the stuff we keep is.
  • Thursday I went to book club, where the book was The Hound of the Baskervilles. I didn't much care for the book but it wasn't terrible. We had a nice discussion and dinner at Burger 21. And then I went to Jeaux's house to watch the new episode of Steven Universe. I think it is the last one for a while and I'm like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. What will I do with myself? Perhaps I can write a book or something.
  • Friday I had to do webcomic stuff and had my mom over. She brought me food from one of our favorite restaurants. So for those of you doing the math, I had restaurant food on Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. That's ridic.
    Places featured:
        Reading progress:


        New singing performances:

        Here I'm singing "Stars" from Les Misérables.

         

        New drawings:


        Webcomic Negative One Issue 0544: "Girls Only."






        New videos:

        "The Acknowledgments Page": A guide to who you should think about thanking.

        New photos:  

        Nerds at Victor's party! Rachael, Michael, Tia, and Victor.
        Nerds discussing superhero fights. Rachael and Michael, Victor, Jeaux, and my feet.
        Victor with all his presents.

        And now it's time for the old monthly haircut comparison photo, too.


        Front, February 2014
        Front, October 2015
        Back, February 2014
        Back, October 2015


        Social media counts: 

        YouTube subscribers: 5,131 for swankivy (19 new this week), 512 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 688 for swankivy (1 new), 1,176 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 287 friends (no change) and 182 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 614 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 110 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,185 (11 new).

        No comments:

        Post a Comment