Monday, June 15, 2015

How to Submit Short Stories

In a string of weird coincidences, I talked to three unrelated people last week who all wanted to know how short story submissions work. Since I like to try to make one new writing-related video a month and I didn't have a subject picked out for this month's, I decided to cover that this time.

And ended up making an intensive tutorial on how to use The Grinder.

So the good news is that I know how to screencast now and I made a helpful video.

The bad news is it kind of ate my entire Sunday. But whatever.

The (Submission) Grinder is a very cool utility that helps authors figure out where to send their stories. It lists markets, tracks stats, and organizes your submissions for you. I really like it and I've been using it for a while. Here's my video with short story submission tips and an illustrated guide to using this great submission-tracking utility.

No comments:

Post a Comment