- Had my friend Mike visiting from Gainesville! Nothing huge to write
home about, though; we had a very low-key visit that consisted of
talking about cartoons, watching House, M.D., and eating things.
I sort of won an award? The announcement isn't public on their site
yet, but apparently I won the silver medal in the IPPY Awards. Dang, I'm
three for three. More info on that next week.
- Drink and
Draw was Saturday. It was the most crowded Drink and Draw I've been to
since 2011! I got most of the stuff done for my next So You Write.
And had a great time with Eric and them. Got to see old Jef again too
and he's a butt because he didn't spend much time with me so I guess I
should punch him.
- Sunday was a super productive day
because I made a video and didn't karaoke and did some shopping and got
all the major edits done on my book!
- Had an interview with US News this week, but it won't be published until next week.
- Asexual Outreach has a campaign that just got launched! I contributed some footage to their campaign video.
was no Jeaux Day because Mike was visiting me during the day I usually
hang out with Jeaux, but then he happened to text me while I was leaving
work Thursday and invited me over to watch the premiere of the newest Steven Universe
episode on his big screen TV and he lives literally right across the
street from my work so . . . yeah I went, and drank his Diet Coke. Well,
his diet Generic Store-Brand Soda. Yum.
- I got a promising nibble for one of my short stories, though I won't say which one or where. It's just really exciting because it's a pro magazine and very difficult to get into, and I got a notification that it's been identified as a good possibility by a first reader, so I await the next editiorial decision. DANG IT WOULD BE SO COOL IF THEY SAID YES.
- I'm literally crying: Someone took a photo of my book in a bookstore and discussed how good it feels to have a book on this subject. Awwww.
- Panelists discuss ACE spectrum identities: I'm mentioned as an activist who deserves credit for helping the movement spread.
- Asexual Outreach: I'm in the campaign video for this fundraiser.
- Completed reading: The Promise: Part 3 by Bryan Konietzko & Michael DiMartino. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: Redefining Realness by Janet Mock.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "Come Clean" by Hilary Duff.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0520: "Rude."
|Eric and some pals before Drink and Draw|
|Me with Eric's fantastic April Drink and Draw poster|
|I wore Eric's hat|
|The huge Drink and Draw crowd|
Social media counts: YouTube subscribers: 4,535 for swankivy (29 new this week), 454 for JulieSondra (5 new). Twitter followers: 641 for swankivy (no change), 932 for JulieSondra (8 new). Facebook: 278 friends (lost 1) and 161 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 552 likes for JulieSondra (6 new), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 104 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,949 (12 new).