- I guess there's not really an official big announcement, but the Next Generation Indie Book Awards posted this list of winners and finalists recently and I'm on it, so . . . here we go, my fourth book award. I'm the winner in the LGBT category. YAyyyyYY!
was Spend Money Day. I had to buy a bunch of stuff for my upcoming trip
and I hate waiting for the last minute so shopping happened. Got new
shoes and a new purse. I also made a new video, redecorated my
apartment, and made cookies and biscuits for my mom, all on the same
day. It was kind of a busy scene.
- Sunday was Mother's
Day and I hung out with my friend Sarah in the morning (went out to eat
at Panera) and then I went to my mommy's house. Where I fed her biscuits
and cookies and also brought tomato soup, oh and I gave her a skirt for
her present. And Lindsay came over too! Hadn't seen her since January.
She stayed all day, and Patricia called on Skype so we could "hang out"
with her and baby Ash, who provided quite a show for us pushing his
mommy down for fun and making all his adorable babbles for us.
- Got some edits done on a short story that is going to be published soon and sent it in to the editor. Woo-hoo! Done!
- I created a contest for my Negative One webcomic readers to enter. Since the comic hits TEN YEARS AS A WEBCOMIC
on May 20, I'm accepting entries into this contest and I made a little
trivia quiz to go with it (helps earn points for the contest). And I
drew a little illustration to accompany it. The contest is here.
- Jeaux Day was food at IHOP and inconsequential hanging out at my house. We're such nerds!
- Three-star review from Rift Vegan on Goodreads.
- Four-star review from Eli on Goodreads.
- Four-star review from BooksAndTea on Goodreads.
- The 2015 Winners and Finalists List for the Next Generation Indie Book Awards is posted, and I'm on it.
- Someone on Tumblr is kinda gloating that they got their library to order my book. Thought that was kind of neat. :)
- Completed reading: Fun Home by Alison Bechdel. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: Filler Bunny by Jhonen Vasquez.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "Orinoco Flow" by Enya.
|The illustration for my Ten Year Contest for Negative One.|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0522: "Birds and Bees."
Letters to an Asexual #27: My video about aromanticism!
|The donut I got as a reward for winning the Next Generation Indie Book Award.|
|My latest wardrobe addition: Another Steven Universe shirt. (I now have four if you're counting.)|
Social media counts: YouTube subscribers: 4,584 for swankivy (19 new this week), 465 for JulieSondra (5 new). Twitter followers: 647 for swankivy (3 new), 945 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 278 friends (no change) and 163 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 557 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 104 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,992 (11 new).