Saturday, March 14, 2015

Personal Digest Saturday: March 7 – March 13

Life news this week: 
  • I'm a finalist for another award now: Foreword Reviews' INDIEFAB Book of the Year Award 2014, in the Family and Relationships category. They don't have a date posted of when they winners will be selected, but it's sometime in the next few months. Cool! So, so far both of the awards my book was entered for that have chosen finalists have picked me. Still a few more to go!
  • I went to the Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings house with my book club after we read The Yearling for our book. It was a couple hours' drive and we got to see the grounds, eat at the Yearling restaurant and see cool old stuff, and take a tour of the actual house that the author lived in.
  • Michelle had chocolate and flowers delivered to my house as a get-well gift. I have such a nice agent. :)
  • I know it's a surprise that I'm an adult and everything, but I did my taxes this weekend. Getting a little bitty refund, which is awesome.
  • I made a video for a cool diverse-books-focused group video channel that I'm going to be part of. Spent a chunk of Sunday processing it.
  • I played Dance Dance Revolution twice this week. :)
  • Jeaux and I ate at Sam's New York Pizza, which was awesome--I had a white pizza and he had a calzone. I told him about my commenter on last week's article and he laughed a lot.
  • I put out my newsletter this week for the first time since September last year.
New reviews of my book:
  • None.
                Places featured:
                      • Foreword Reviews' INDIEFAB Book of the Year Award includes me and twelve other finalists in the Family and Relationships category.
                      • The Asexual Agenda had a question for its readers about asexuality-related literature, so predictably my book was discussed. One commenter doesn't think much of it because it makes the reader feel like they're on Tumblr and that's not a good thing. *giggle*
                      • Speaking of Tumblr, defectprince begs followers to read my book and praises it a little.
                      • Someone on the Psych Central forums decided to come out as asexual, and someone recommended my book.
                              Reading progress:


                              New singing performances:

                              Here I'm singing "Killing Me Softly" by the Fugees.


                               
                              New drawings:


                              Webcomic Negative One Issue 0513: "In a Heartbeat."







                              Webcomic So You Write Issue 46: "The Next Bestseller."








                              New videos:

                              None.

                              New photos:  

                              The Yearling Restaurant where we ate!

                              Cool old cash register.

                              A hen laid an egg in there.

                              Chickens wandering around.

                              A typewriter at Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings's house.

                              Me in front of the guest house. :)
                              The flowers and chocolates my agent sent me.

                              I ate the chocolate the same day I got it.

                              Thanks Michelle. ;)
                              Cupcake for my piece in Drunk Monkeys getting picked to run in Everyday Feminism.

                              Donut for getting nominated for the Lambda Award!

                              Donut for getting nominated for the INDIEFAB Book of the Year Award!

                              Social media counts: YouTube subscribers: 4,389 for swankivy (18 new this week), 438 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 617 for swankivy (5 new), 845 for JulieSondra (5 new). Facebook: 277 friends (no change) and 159 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 526 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 101 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,861 (25 new).

                              No comments:

                              Post a Comment