Monday, October 14, 2013

30-Week Blog Challenge Week 7: Blog Name

I'm back with the Monday blog challenge! The lady in charge is Marie at Mom Gets Real. The questions are right here:

QUESTIONS

And Week 7's prompt is . . .

The meaning behind your blog name!

Oh, that's quite easy. It has a specific origin from a lovely book I read entitled The Book of Flying, by Keith Miller.


This book tells the story of a librarian, Pico, who is in love with a winged girl and goes off on a quest to learn to fly himself so he can be with her. It's quite an unusual book, with a new world and new mythology nevertheless mixed with a fairy tale feel that isn't often achieved these days. My blog title, "In Propinquity," comes from this quote in the book:

"But keep characters in propinquity long enough and a story will always develop a plot."

Not only does this sort of describe how I write--shove a bunch of characters together and see what they do!--but it echoes the reason I started this blog.


I started this blog because I wanted to connect with other writers and with readers, immerse myself in the community, and create content for them as well as involve myself in theirs. I wanted to be one boat in this fleet, close together with others who are making the same journey, and see us all get to our destination together. And maybe I'm hoping that being in propinquity, figuratively and digitally, will allow some of those other bloggers' awesomeness to rub off on me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment