Life news this week:
- Saturday I spent the day blogging, chatting with my mom on the phone a little, and talking to a Tumblr friend about cartoons for a long time when I was supposed to be doing other stuff. I also attempted to make a new video for my channel but I accidentally chose a letter I'd already used in a previous video! So I couldn't use the recording!
- Sunday was my Thai Temple adventure. I got up early and did a new video that wasn't a repeat, and set it to process while I was out. At Thai Temple I saw my friends Victor and Jeaux, and met Victor's new friends Kristin and John. We had some good food and I ended up liking Thai tea. After the Temple, Victor and I went to the mall and I bought some toys and stuff. Also got shoes but they had to be mailed to my house because they were the wrong size. At home after the outing, I cleaned off my outside table like usual but didn't spend time sitting out there, and then I did my Sunday stuff--karaoke, laundry, and finishing the video. I also got to unwrap a bunch of new comic books that had been sent in the mail!
- Monday I worked on assignments for three districts: a transcript for District 3, an expanded letter for District 4, and a regular letter for District 5. Lots of work, very busy! After work I organized my comics collection and worked on my wig for my costume. And I paid my bills.
- Tuesday we had to finish up a submission packet for a shortlisted project and then after that the day was pretty chill. My friend Arthur picked me up and we ate our Thai food while watching cartoons. He also had to fill out a job application which took a while.
- Wednesday I got up early to review a new comic book, and then went to work. The day was busy and then after work Jeaux picked me up, so we ate at an Ale House and went to Target for shopping, and at my house we watched the Wrecked season finale, a couple episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and listened to Night Vale. I didn't draw anything because I was working on sculpting my wig. :)
- Thursday was a weird disappearing day. It seems like nothing much happened at work except my boss was out of town at an interview, and after work I talked to Victor on the phone while drawing comics and working on my wig. I also got a really tiresome message from someone who wanted to talk about asexuality and wants me to examine whether I'm afraid of intimacy. Ho hum. Just . . . is it too much to ask to just leave people be?
- Friday I wore my new shoes to work and got blisters. Boo. I spent the day on some utility stuff and helping edit a report. Then after work I finished my comic and wrote a retrospective about a rarely seen cartoon character, which ended up getting featured on the front page of Amino (which hasn't happened for a while).
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Libraries Research Guides has included my book in a list of Asexuality/Demisexuality resources in the Human Sexuality category, as part of an undergraduate research guide.
- Finished this week: No books this week, but I did give a four-star review to Steven Universe: Harmony #3.
- Currently reading: The Basic Eight by Daniel Handler.
This week's song was "Promise to Try" by Madonna.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0699: "The Mad Thing."
Letters to an Asexual #62 is out and it's called "Troll Variety Pack."
|Thai Temple with my friends. Victor always makes a face.|
|My food at the Temple|
|Us watching catfish at the Temple.|
|Me in the office having a donut with my coffee|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,251 for swankivy (lost 2), 678 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 969 for swankivy (no change), 1,335 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Facebook: 295 friends (1 new, got a new acquaintance named Rylan) and 203 followers (lost 3) for swankivy, 653 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 58 likes for Negative One (no change), 143 likes for So You Write (3 new). Tumblr followers: 2,510 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 155 (no change).