Sunday, October 21, 2018

Personal Digest Saturday (but posted on Sunday!): October 13 – October 19

I was not able to post my weekly update on Saturday (or any of my usual blogging during the week!) because I was super busy with my traveling and my Halloween party--my guests didn't leave until 5 AM--so here's the usual post a day late. :)

Life news this week:
  • Saturday I started getting my house ready for my upcoming party. I talked to Victor while giving my bathroom a once-over--it was his birthday and Jeaux and I joined forces to buy him a 3D printer. I also finished putting some mirrors up (and hurt my shoulder doing it!) and completed all my Halloween decorations!
  • Sunday I did my morning table time and answered messages. And I did laundry, cleaned, and packed for my trip. I also worked on the footwear of my Halloween costume. I also did karaoke and some organization.
  • Monday I did letters for two DOT districts and did all my work. After my work was over I took a paid ride to the craft store so I could shop for a few things for my Halloween party, and then I went home, put stuff away, finalized packing, and ran through my presentation to make sure everything was okay. It was.
  • Tuesday I woke up early to take a shuttle to the airport. Everything went completely smoothly with my travel--I arrived fine, got picked up by the driver assigned to me, had some time in the Wellesley library to chill, and then got to go to lunch with folks from the asexual club at the college. Afterwards one of them took me to see some really cool telescopes for fun, and then we went over to the presentation room, checked my equipment, and did the thing.
  • My presentation went well and I recorded it, and the person overseeing the program told me my event was very polished--how nice! Afterwards we got Thai food with the asexual club and talked until I had to go back to my room at the college's hotel. Talking to the Wildcards was the best part! I would have loved to stay later because we were having such great chats, but oh well--they had a cutoff for when I can check in or I could risk not getting in. I had some coffee in my room and did some doodling, and went to sleep.
  • Wednesday I got up early and a few of the students drove me to the airport. My flight back was super smooth as well and my shuttle home was okay. I took a nap, unpacked, and got some ducks in a row for what I need to shop for. I made ginger cookies because they keep for a long time. And I got my webcomic finished on the plane.
  • Thursday I went back to work. I did some stuff to catch up on what I missed, and I made some labels for my food. Jeaux picked me up after work and we bought comics, ate at Cheddar's, and went grocery shopping for my perishables. After work we watched Madoka and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and I worked on my costume. I also made pumpkin pies.
  • Friday I also did some work--we had guests in, and I prepared some stuff for a letter. I finished up my costume preparation and organized some junk, and then I made pumpkin roll, pumpkin brownies, and autumn leaf cookies before bed! Everything's pretty ready for my party, but I still have baking to do in the morning.

Articles, Interviews, Mentions:




Reading progress:
  • Finished this week: I hardly got to do any reading this week even though I was traveling, because I had to knock out my webcomic while on the plane. I did read the Steven Universe comic that came out this week though and I gave ongoing comic #21 a five-star review.
  • Currently readingThe Basic Eight by Daniel Handler.
    New singing performances:

    This week's song was "High School Never Ends" by Bowling for Soup.



    Stuff Drawn:


    Doodled an athletic Garnet while in my hotel.




    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0701: "Harder to Read."






    New videos:

    None--I recorded my presentation at Wellesley, but I'm not done processing it yet.

    New photos:


    Airport coffee: a necessary evil
    Look how far my knees are from the seat in front of me!
    I guess being short is actually an advantage on a plane!
    The only photos I took at Wellesley were of badass telescopes.
    I took a selfie with the telescope!

    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,245 for swankivy (lost 4), 680 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 970 for swankivy (1 new), 1,343 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 295 friends (no change) and 205 followers (no change) for swankivy, 651 likes for JulieSondra (lost 2), 58 likes for Negative One (no change), 146 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,514 (4 new). Instagram followers: 158 (3 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment