Life news this week:
- Saturday was my huge Halloween party! I spent the morning baking the last two things, the later morning and early afternoon cleaning and arranging stuff for the party, and the evening, well, having the party. I got to wear my new costume (though sadly the final component of it did not arrive in the mail in time), and it was well attended. My guests were Kari, Haven, Derek, Jeaux, Victor, Meghan, Benjamin, Joy, Michael, Rachael, Eric, Yasmin, and Arthur. They ate my food and some of them stayed until 5 in the morning. Yikes!
- Sunday I got up at 12:30 in the afternoon and didn't really feel like cleaning up but I finally got around to doing some cleanup. I did do some of my usual Sunday stuff, like laundry, taking out the trash, and cleaning the table outside, but mostly I just sat around drinking coffee and finally getting to rest. I also had to finish my blogs because they didn't get done on Saturday.
- Monday there were no letters, so I mostly just helped my coworker on a business development request and checked for news on websites. After work the buses kept not picking me up, saying they were doing dropoff only. I finally got the THIRD bus that came by the stop and managed to get home. I ate too many leftovers!
- Tuesday I had to do a bunch of prep for a meeting and also got a hilarious e-mail trying to extort money from me in a scam. I love it. At home I tried to come up with cool ways to attach the gemstones for my costume (which I will reuse) but my plans didn't pan out. Ate more leftovers and did some transcription.
- Wednesday I took a paid ride to work so I could be early. I had an early meeting at the DOT. My coworker went over there with me and I took notes while he ran the meeting. Then when we got back I had to process a bunch of stuff. People in my office were taking a class. Jeaux picked me up after work and we shopped for comics, ate at Five Guys, shopped for groceries, and watched Madoka and Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
- Thursday the class was still going on at work and I ordered pizzas for them. I worked on a quiz and after work I rode the bus too far and had to take it back the other way. Boo. Victor and I talked while I finished the quiz I was writing and began my drawings for my webcomic. I told Victor I'm considering signing up for NaNoWriMo for the first time and he decided to sign up with me.
- Friday I did a bunch of webcomic drawings, got macaroni from my bookkeeper who is nice, and squeezed a bunch of stuff in for my comic before going to Drink and Draw. I got to have my VLT sandwich there and drew some cool stuff.
Articles, Interviews, Mentions:
- Happy Asexual Awareness Week: Dahlia Adler spotlighted my book with others that are good for Asexual Awareness Week.
- Finished this week: The Basic Eight by Daniel Handler. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse.
This week's song was "Vogue" by Madonna.
|Drawn at Drink and Draw: a character I might write about|
|Drawn at Drink and Draw:|
Defense Zircon from Steven Universe, with a flower in her hair
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0702: "Stepping-Stone World."
Asexuality and the LGBTQ+ Community: Past, Present, Future. Talk at Wellesley! It's up!
Mostly this is just going to be Halloween spam! Check out all the great costumes and festivities!
|Victor is Charizard from Pokémon!|
|Joy is Edna Mode from The Incredibles!|
|Benjamin is Steven from Steven Universe!|
|Meghan is the TARDIS from Doctor Who!|
|Haven's costume is sorta complex. They're Tonks from|
Harry Potter shapeshifted as Haven. Haha.
|My amazing Garnet costume!|
|Made of Love|
|Protect the boy!|
|Father and son, except not in real life|
|What a crew|
|Gems are chillin'|
|My friends playing cards|
|Not Halloween: Me drinking coffee at Drink and Draw|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,250 for swankivy (5 new), 680 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 967 for swankivy (lost 3), 1,350 for JulieSondra (7 new). Facebook: 296 friends (1 new, accepted a friend request from one of the Wellesley folks I met) and 205 followers (no change) for swankivy, 650 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 58 likes for Negative One (no change), 146 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,517 (3 new). Instagram followers: 160 (2 new).