Today's Wednesday Factoid is: What job would you be terrible at?
The first job that comes to mind that is a terrible match for my skills is bus driver.
I'd be terrible at this for many reasons.
1. I do not know how to drive a car. I don't have a driver's license.
2. Even if I got one, I'd then have to get a special license to drive an oversize vehicle, I think.
3. The idea of handling a vehicle that large is super intimidating to me.
4. I am absolutely awful at navigation, so not only would I probably mess up my route; I'd also be useless when it comes to giving advice to riders, and riders ask for navigation advice a lot.
5. I am not good at conflict resolution when it comes to aggressive people, and don't like confrontation. There are MANY ornery bus patrons, from people who are pissed off about the fares to just plain members of the public who want to talk to you, start shit with you or each other, or bother other people so you have to intervene. You're the authority if you're the driver, so you have to handle it.
And in Florida, bus drivers make significantly less money than I do. I have a huge amount of respect for bus drivers because I don't know how they even stand to do their job. Some of them seem to really thrive on connecting with bus riders and giving helpful information, but I don't even know how they do it. It impresses my pants off.
I guess the only stuff I'd be less qualified for than that would be highly technical jobs I'm not trained for and physically demanding jobs I am physically not strong enough to do.