Life news this week:
- Saturday I woke up and had pie with Victor. Yummy--we had carrot, bean, and butternut squash pie, and all were tasty, but I think I like the bean pie best still. After he left, I did my blogging and talked to Mommy on the phone.
- Sunday seemed really long and I got an unusual amount of stuff done. Did four loads of laundry, made a karaoke video, and got my holiday decorations up. Also got all my holiday shopping done--finally decided that I would get inexpensive gifts for people instead of no gifts. :)
- Monday I spent the work day doing databases for marketing contacts. I also designed a fry carton. Then I went home and made "the bits"--it's a food they eat in the Steven Universe cartoon. Steven likes to get the pieces of overcooked fry dregs out of the fryer and eat them. So I made my own version--one that adheres to how they're described, and the other that adheres to how they look in the show. Both were good and I ate them and fell asleep from potato overload.
- Tuesday I woke up early because I fell asleep from all the potatoes. I got my Christmas cards done and put the last decorations on my tabletop Yule tree. Then I took a Lyft car to work and did more databases. I went home and my sister P came over with her husband and son--I got to see my cute nephew, who had his face painted like a puppy! We chilled for a while and P and I made chocolate cake for nephew's birthday the next day. After she left I fell asleep early again.
- Wednesday I worked on a consultant plan and then met Jeaux for our sort of usual Jeaux Day. We had Which Wich? food and did some quick shopping, then to my place to meet my family for Ash's birthday party. My sis made icing and iced the cake, and we put up some decorations and wrapped some presents. Can't believe the kid is four years old! We ate cake and watched him unwrap his toys, and after everyone left I cleaned up a bit and went to sleep.
- Thursday was the Solstice! I had to work. And I made a new quiz on Amino. Talked to Victor on the phone while drawing a pretty dramatic episode of my webcomic.
- Friday I didn't feel like shopping for groceries so I ordered some using Instacart and ended up not getting exactly what I wanted so that was ugh. (I do not like peppered food and one of the replacements was a peppered version of what I wanted!) Anyway, I made bagel sandwiches similar to those Steven throws at Crystal Shrimp in the cartoon (I'm really into making cartoon food right now!), but then I was too full to eat both bagels so I saved one. I finished my webcomic and posted it and didn't do much that was productive after that.
- Finished this week: Gwenpool the Unbelievable: Volume 1 by Christopher Hastings. Three-star review.
- Currently reading: Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde.
This week's song was "My Immortal" by Evanescence.
|Merry Christmas from the Shorty Squad, where Peridot is a reluctant tree.|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0658: "This Destructive Truth."
|Victor opening pies for breakfast|
|I made "fry bits" as seen on Steven Universe, trying one recipe for how they're described to be and one recipe that looks more like the picture.|
|Enjoying my fry bits.|
|I have a nephew who believes he is a puppy sometimes.|
|Ash and Yusuke (nephew and brother-in-law) enjoying pillows made by Mom.|
|My nephew is a four-year-old!|
|Sister P frosting her son's cake.|
|Ash's cake for his fourth birthday!|
|Ash about to get his cake.|
|Happy birthday, Ash!|
|These bagel sandwiches are a favorite of Crystal Shrimp.|
|Bagel sandwiches are good distractions to clear a path through an infestation, you know.|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,272 for swankivy (3 new), 657 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 899 for swankivy (lost 1), 1,328 for JulieSondra (lost 3). Facebook: 293 friends (lost 1, dunno who) and 201 followers (no change) for swankivy, 656 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 55 likes for Negative One (1 new), 125 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,492 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 131 (3 new). I don't know which friend I lost this week, but I did figure out that last week's weird drop was from an old friend deleting his Facebook account, so it wasn't personal!