Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Wednesday Factoid: Hate Your Job?

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: Do you hate your job?

Short answer: Nope!

Not at all. My job is actually pretty sweet.



I can't say I "love" it since it's not something I'd do for free, but they treat me very well at my office (with, you know, a few days here and there where something might be a drag or some situation gets frustrating). I'm compensated well and the big drag of it is honestly the commute.

I felt similarly about my previous job filling a similar function. 


I don't get to have too much fun and don't have much of a relationship with any co-workers, but I am comfortable there and don't have to deal with high-stress situations very often.

At my retail job before this, there were times that were actually really fun at work sometimes, and some of the co-workers were friends, but it was very stressful and I was very, very unhappy more often than I was happy. I wouldn't do it again. Working with the public is pretty awful. Of course, the down side of working in an office is if you're forced to work with someone you don't get along with. That happened at my previous job and that person's unreasonable antics made everyday life there really, really stressful. Thankfully working together there was relatively short-lived. And there were a few aspects of it I could control, like when I asked my boss to step in over a few disputes and make it so I didn't have to work alone with the person. Doesn't work really well if your boss happens to be the one who's the problem or if they aren't accessible or sympathetic to your plight, but I was lucky.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment