Life news this week:
- Saturday I drew some cute comics and put a few more things up in my new house that I'd been meaning to put on the walls. I fell asleep pretty early.
- Sunday I had family over! Sister L came with husband Mike and Dad came with Connie! My sister hadn't seen my place yet since moving in and she and Mike seemed to dig it. I made omelets and we ate in my living room. And they hung out a while. Then after they left L took me to Mom's and we hung out there for a few hours too. It was a very family day! Er, except I also got banned from Steven Universe Amino and had no idea why, and when I finally made a second account to message someone in charge to investigate, they said I'd been banned for SENDING PORN TO PEOPLE and obviously I did not do that, but they didn't believe it wasn't me and said I had to stay banned because I couldn't prove it. Wow.
- Monday I went to work and also posted a couple cute pieces of art using my new Amino account. One of them got chosen for a front-page feature very quickly but I have a recognizable style so people kept asking why a newbie account was posting art that clearly belonged to an established member and while I was addressing it THE NEW ACCOUNT ALSO GOT BANNED SUDDENLY WITH NO EXPLANATION. Just . . . dangit! Why!!! I dealt with fallout from that for a bunch of the day and chatted with some new friends who were righteously angry on my behalf.
- Tuesday I went to work and wrangled the ban thing some more. I wrote to the supervisors of the whole system and they actually reviewed my account and found I'd done nothing wrong, so they unbanned me. And then within a couple hours I was banned again. Getting whiplash here. I found out from one of the Leaders there that the second account I'd made was also banned for spamming porn. So at least now I know it wasn't random and someone really is trying to get me in trouble. Unfortunately for me the people in charge there don't care to think critically about the issue. I was told both accounts will stay banned and I need to stop making trouble. Awesome. Some of my friends are helping me get a different angle.
- Wednesday I had to do some technical stuff at the office that was new to me, and had a few pieces of progress with the ban issue. Went to eat with Jeaux and bought a new comic book. We ate at Cici's Pizza and went grocery shopping. Then at my place we talked about cartoons while I drew webcomics.
- Thursday was uneventful at the office and when I went home I finally got in contact with a different member of management who was willing to listen to me, so I e-mailed her. But I missed my stop on the bus while chatting with her and had to get off the bus in an unfamiliar place, and then while navigating to the best bus stop going back the other way, I stepped on a low place in the sidewalk and fell and busted my knees. But at least I didn't drop my phone, haha. I went birthday shopping for a friend since I was accidentally near a store, and then rode the bus home like usual. I talked to Victor on the phone while finishing my webcomic.
- Friday was pretty maddening because the Steven Universe cartoon is back and released six episodes in the early morning, and I had to wait until after work to go watch them with Jeaux. My new Amino friends kinda kept me sane (by also being nuts). Jeaux picked me up from work and we ordered pizza and watched the new episodes. It was great to have new cartoons after the longest hiatus in the show's history! But though I enjoyed the show, none of them were really standout episodes and I'm looking forward to what's next.
- Tabi Card gave it a three-star review on Goodreads. (For a three-star review it's awfully positive!)
- Finished this week: It Devours! by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.
This week's song was "Uninvited" by Alanis Morissette.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0652: "It's Coming."
|Brother-in-law Mike enjoying the pillows!|
|Hard at work or hardly working, amirite?|
|Jeaux and me gearing up to watch Steven Universe new episodes.|
I might be a little excited.
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,282 for swankivy (lost 3), 655 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Twitter followers: 898 for swankivy (no change), 1,339 for JulieSondra (7 new). Facebook: 296 friends (no change) and 203 followers (no change) for swankivy, 654 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,491 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 125 (no change).