- Saturday I did some sketches to prepare for Drink and Draw and
packed my stuff for the evening, and did some minor cleaning around the
house. Then that night I went out to the art club event and saw Victor
there--first time I've seen him since he got out of the hospital. We all
hung out and drew pictures and had fun! I got a webcomic done and the
beginning of some fan art.
- Sunday was pretty lazy. My
sister P called and so I talked to her part of the day while doing
chores, and then I did some ukulele practice, e-mail, karaoke, and
entertainment. I made a new recording of a song I learned on ukulele. I
might start doing that regularly.
- Monday was very full. I
had to go back to work and had a busy day, and one of my writer friends
that I'd been coaching and supporting got offered agency representation
so I was very excited for her. It probably sounds weird but I also
decided officially to try to lose a few pounds, so I'm sort of on a lazy
diet that involves just trying to eat less food.
was just focusing on a proposal at my office, and then I hung out with
my mom after work. I baked her favorite biscuits and she brought soup.
We ate together and hung out, and I helped her a little with her
- Wednesday I busied myself with proposal stuff some more, met Jeaux for PDQ food and discussion of drama, and listened to Night Vale. He also wanted me to watch the first episode of a show called The Good Place
but I did not like it at all. I also drew a picture and did some
treadmill reading! Oh, and I received some new toys I bought. They're
cartoon figures of course.
- Thursday I was a little sad
because this is the first Thursday in more than two months where we have
not had a new cartoon episode. I guess I'm spoiled. I worked on the
proposal at work all day and turned it in at the end of the day. And I
wrote a storyboard for my comic. And I found out an old friend that I
hadn't talked to in a while is actually dead, and I never knew. That was
very sad. I called my mom and told her about it because she kinda knew
who he was too. Then I talked to Victor that night and got a lot of my
comic done. I for some reason decided to draw the comic in markers
instead of pencil. Don't really care for the results.
- Friday was a low-key day at work because I didn't have the proposal to worry about anymore. I did some contract stuff and catch-up work. Then at home I finished my comic and posted it.
New reviews of my book:
Interviews, Features, Mentions:
- The Asexual Agenda included a blog post about "required" amount of sex expected in their weekly linkspam.
- Tumblr user shiro-naru recommends my book to everyone.
- Finished this week: Three Rotten Eggs by Gregory Maguire. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.
This week's performance was "Opposites Attract" by Paula Abdul.
|Fan art from Drink and Draw |
featuring Steven and Garnet and zappy hands
|Pencil art featuring my mood at not getting a new Steven Universe episode this week|
No one can cheer Baby Steven up!
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0593: "Doing It Right."
My "Haven't You Noticed (I'm a Star)" ukulele cover:
|Eric is a loud man.|
|Eric does NOT need that megaphone.|
|Dork with a backpack at Drink and Draw.|
|My friends and me at Drink and Draw.|
|The beginning of what I drew at Drink and Draw.|
|I crawled under my desk being excited for my friend's good news.|
|Yet another new Garnet tee shirt.|
|The debut of my "Let me drive my van into your heart" shirt.|
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,349 for swankivy (1 new), 598 for JulieSondra (3 new). Twitter followers: 836 for swankivy (6 new), 1,302 for JulieSondra (7 new). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 200 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 643 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 56 likes for Negative One (no change), 127 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,462 (no change). Instagram followers: 87 (1 new).