- Saturday was uneventful--I read a book, processed blog stuff, and watched YouTube. Nice relaxing time.
I took care of Sunday stuff and played my violin. I had bought a new
bow but it didn't work very well. That's what I get for buying something
- Monday was a little hairy. I expected to be
buried in a proposal but after I did a bunch of background work for it,
my office manager agreed with me that it wasn't a very good project for
us to chase. I also got a certificate that said I saved the presentation
last week, which I kinda did. Wrote e-mail and played violin that
- Tuesday I saw my mom and we ate some tater tots
and popsicles because we're healthy. I configured a tablet my friend
Cara sent us so she can have a device again--her old one was cracked.
She was happy! I drew some pictures and watched YouTube.
- Wednesday was a rainy day. I met Jeaux for Five Guys after work and we hung out at my place and watched two episodes of Stranger Things. I took some drawing suggestions on Facebook and drew some cartoon characters I hadn't drawn before.
we started a "Step-tember" program at work so we're recording our steps
with pedometers and trying to walk more. In honor of this, I'm walking
to work instead of biking! I started a new blog on Tumblr so I can have a
place to dump all the Steven Universe stuff I'd like to post but
don't because I only want to be sort of obnoxious, not really
obnoxious. But not a single person started following it even though I
posted a bunch of stuff in the tags. Turns out new blogs don't start
having their posts show up in the tags for two weeks, which is actually
kinda cool because stuff I write on the Internet usually doesn't fly
under the radar so much. I wonder who my first follower there will be. I
went to Jeaux's after work for a new episode of Steven Universe
("Future Boy Zoltron," not a big whammy episode but pretty cute). Also I
talked to Victor on the phone (he was moving out of his place and was
sad), and I drew my comic.
- Friday I walked to work again. I did some typing for the office and some drawing, and posted my comic, and played with my blog some more before going to bed. I have not had a hugely exciting week I guess.
New reviews of my book:
- Erin gave it a five-star review on Goodreads.
- cl0setpunk got my book and claimed to their mom that they'd bought a fantasy book.
- Finished this week: Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. Three-star review.
- Currently reading: A Year of Ritual by Sandra Kynes.
This week's performance was "Who's Crying Now" by Journey.
|The week's episode drawing for Steven Universe: "Future Boy Zoltron." (Drawn during a work meeting.)|
|I took suggestions for characters to draw on Facebook and ended up drawing Sugilite.|
|Another Facebook suggestion: Yellow Pearl and Blue Pearl.|
|Another Facebook suggestion: Opal hangin' out.|
|Another Facebook suggestion: I did a crappy colored|
pencil sketch of Rainbow Quartz.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0590: "Slippery."
Letters to an Asexual #38 is about how people sometimes suggest it's great that we're asexual because freaks like us won't reproduce and we'll all die out.
|Playing the violin.|
|Wearing my bow inspired by a certain cartoon character.|
|Only indescribably cool people wear clothes like this to their day job.|
The kind of people who wear sunglasses all of the time.
|I saved the presentation.|
|Got a little caught in Hermine.|
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,341 for swankivy (lost 8), 589 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 825 for swankivy (4 new), 1,287 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 293 friends (no change) and 200 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 641 likes for JulieSondra (4 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,469 (no change). Instagram followers: 85 (1 new).