Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Wednesday Factoid: Go-Bag

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: What would you put in your emergency "go-bag"?

I'm not sure of the context of a go-bag. I guess this is something you prepare if you think you're going to have to leave your home on short notice either due to, like, having a baby or something or if a catastrophe happens. And I'm not sure how I'm accomplishing this escape--like, can I bring enough stuff that it would comfortably fit in a car, or do I have to carry it in my backpack? What's the deal here?

I'm going to guess it's supposed to be somewhere between a backpack and a small suitcase. How about that?

I would bring:

  • Laptop and charger
  • Phone and charger
  • Video camera and charger
  • MP3 player, earbuds, and charger
  • Clipboard, paper, notebook, and pencil case
  • Underwear, socks, shoes, PJs, jeans, shirts, and sweaters for 2 days
  • Hair ties, hairbrush
  • Toothbrush/toothpaste/dental floss
  • Deodorant
  • Contact lenses, case, storage solution, extra contacts, eyedrops, glasses
  • Soap, shampoo, conditioner
  • Menstrual supplies
  • Razor, tweezers, scissors, bandages, painkillers, ointments, sunblock, cotton swabs
  • Tissues and wet wipes
  • A deck of cards
  • My journal and a pen 
  • Keys/wallet/ID, money, and insurance info
  • A bottle of water
  • A box of granola bars
  • Instant coffee, creamer, sweetener 
  • If there's room, a pillow 
 

2 comments: