Saturday, June 25, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: June 18 – June 24

Life news this week: 
  • This week was terrible, with exceptions at the beginning and end.
  • Saturday I made a comic and got a lot of housework done while chatting on the phone with my friend Sarah, with whom I have not spoken in months. It was great to catch up with her.
  • Sunday was pretty nice too. I got up early to hang out with Meghan! She took a nap and when she got up we ate pizza together, and then we went to the play 5 Lesbians Eating a Quiche (which was directed by our college friend John). We had a great time at the play and we got to see our old pal Jorge, and then we hung out a little bit more before she had to go. Then that night I was playing with a Cartoon Network app on my phone and saw some footage I hadn't seen before from an upcoming Steven Universe episode, and I couldn't find any references to it online anywhere (!!!) so I put a crappy version of the clip on Tumblr and it got over five thousand notes because people were flipping out about it. I don't think I've ever been among the first to find new SU stuff before. It was cool.
  • Monday was awful. I woke up to multiple texts about various health emergencies for ALL THREE OF MY BEST FRIENDS. Meghan was in the hospital for pain that turned out to be a cyst (the first guess was a kidney stone), Victor went to the hospital for some um groin stuff (and as I write this six days later he's still there), and Jeaux found out he has to have surgery for a polyp in his sinuses that's way way bigger than they thought. I got a lot done at work despite spending a lot of time texting with people to find out what was going on. And then after grocery shopping I had some burritos with Jeaux at Moe's and was useless a lot at home.
  • Tuesday was kind of bad too. Work was okay and I ate potatoes with my mom in the evening, and then I made jam muffins. Then my mom got mad at me when I said the video she was watching had an excessive number of commercials, and she packed up her stuff and left instead of sleeping over. I have no idea why she was mad at me or why she did that, because like . . . we bicker about stuff sometimes when we disagree, but in this case there wasn't even an argument? I feel like I'm missing something that she thinks I know what it is, but I don't.
  • Wednesday I got stuck at work an hour and a half past when I was trying to leave, finishing up a proposal, and had trouble getting in touch with Jeaux because his phone wasn't receiving texts for some reason. So I ended up waiting ANOTHER twenty minutes after THAT before I got to meet up with him after his phone started working again. We biked to Marlow's to try to use a coupon, but it was too crowded, so we just ate at Panera. We hung out and just talked about cartoons and stuff. After he left I finished my comic drawing and talked to Victor on the phone, and helped him with an application since he can't do very much from the hospital.
  • Thursday we got our proposal in without any problems, and at home I worked on comics in preparation for Drink and Draw. And I found out my friend's mom has breast cancer. I'm just going to drown or something, and kinda feel like even with all the sympathy and support I give to other people, I'm receiving silence and unnecessary hostility in other areas of my life.
  • Friday was pretty okay. Work was fine and after work Belle came to get me for Mel's hot dogs with Eric (I had a veggie dog of course) before we headed over to Drink and Draw. The air conditioning was broken so it was VERY hot, but we had a good time anyway. And I got to see Joy! Yay. I drew next month's So You Write comic and had a little time for fan art afterwards.
 
New reviews of my book:

 
Interviews, Features, Mentions:
       
      Reading progress:
      • Finished this week: No books, but still reading.
      • Currently reading: Living With Intensity by Susan Daniels & Michael M. Piechowski.
        New singing performances:

        Here I'm singing "Man of La Mancha" from the play Man of La Mancha. I was just being a goof here though--this performance is silly.

         

        New drawings:


        Webcomic So You Write Issue 61: "Good Luck."








        Webcomic Negative One Issue 0580: "A Faraway Voice."






        New videos:

        None.

        New photos: 

        Blurry photo of my 5 Lesbians Eating a Quiche playbook, wearing my "Deborah" nametag.
        Sloppy chic from a slob day.
        Partially finished Amethyst doodle I made at Drink and Draw . . .
        before realizing I had several shades of purple and none
        that were appropriate to color the rest of her.

        Social Media counts:
         
        YouTube subscribers: 5,335 for swankivy (lost 7), 572 for JulieSondra (4 new). Twitter followers: 814 for swankivy (4 new), 1,245 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 291 friends (lost 1, don't know who) and 200 followers (no change) for swankivy, 635 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 56 likes for Negative One (no change), 124 likes for So You Write (3 new). Tumblr followers: 2,458 (10 new). Instagram followers: 75 (lost 1).

        No comments:

        Post a Comment