- Another pretty awful week, because you know, why not? And I got a couple short story rejections that had significant personal feedback, which is the best way to get rejected, but still, rejection.
- Saturday I talked to my sister P on the phone, did some dishes, looked at cartoon stuff online, and answered some mail. Sunday I did some productive stuff around the house--chores and karaoke and making a video for my writing channel, plus an extra video to help Pieces of Ace celebrate one year. I was just kinda wallowing.
- Monday I couldn't seem to get anyone to talk to me about all the stuff I'm worried about so I ended up stealthily crying at work a lot. Victor had his surgery and it seems to have gone okay but he's not a happy camper and recovery will be long. I went grocery shopping and got a compliment on my Cookie Cat shirt, and dropped my bike off at the bike shop to get a new chain for it and spent the evening just reading and watching cartoons.
- Tuesday I had to walk to work because my bike was in the shop, and I had a REALLY long day having to push against a deadline to get a report out before FedEx came to pick up. But the good side of that was my boss drove me to the bike shop so I didn't have to walk! My mom wouldn't answer the phone so she didn't come over like she usually does on Tuesdays, so I spent the night alone again, but my sister called again and was really sweet to me. Oh and a Colombian magazine interviewed me about asexuality.
- Wednesday I was late to work but a surprise was waiting for me: My sister had sent me mochi ice cream because I have been complaining about my life and wanting to eat all the ice cream in the world. But we don't have a freezer at the office so I had to eat it all at once and didn't have lunch. Then I met up with Jeaux and we ate at Cheddar's and got comics. Hooray for the conclusion to the miniseries I was reading. After Jeaux left I just read and spaced out.
- Thursday I knocked out responsibilities at work and did online junk and took a weird nap. Victor called and he's still in bad shape but we had an okay talk and I got some drawing done. Got my bills paid and also my royalty check came in, and I traded stickers with a Tumblr person who had a sticker I wanted.
- Friday was all right. Did all the things at work, came home and drew comics and Mom visited me and we ate boxed scalloped potatoes. And I found out my favorite cartoon and beacon of awesomeness and hope is coming back on TV with new episodes on July 18 so there is that. But Victor had another surgery and I haven't heard much about this one. Really worried.
- Finished this week: Living With Intensity by Susan Daniels & Michael M. Piechowski. Four-star review.
- Finished this week: Steven Universe and the Crystal Gems #4 (comic) by Joceline Fenton, Chrystin Garland, & Rebecca Sugar. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: Invader Zim: Volume 1 by Jhonen Vasquez.
Here I'm singing "Can't Touch It" by Ricki-Lee.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0581: "Hurt Together."
Here's my new video on my writing channel: Social Media for Authors.
|Eating a banana, featuring my not-so-successful "I totally haven't been crying today"face|
|Messy hair pulled back, selfie for no reason|
|The mochi ice cream my sister bought me!|
|Royalties for June.|
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,350 for swankivy (15 new), 572 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 816 for swankivy (2 new), 1,258 for JulieSondra (13 new). Facebook: 291 friends (no change) and 201 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 635 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (lost 1), 123 likes for So You Write (lost 1). Maybe someone is annoyed at me and going around unliking everything of mine that they had liked? Tumblr followers: 2,455 (lost 3). Instagram followers: 75 (no change).