- This week was much better than the last couple weeks, though my
friend Victor is STILL in the hospital. (He should get out next week and
is doing better and got a really awesome job for when he gets out too!)
I finished a pretty involved book and wrote a pretty involved review,
and after that I did some research on missing packages and got all sulky
over cool stuff I ordered not being here yet. Also wrote a video script
and some reviews of merchandise I'd bought.
- Sunday felt
more like Saturday because it was a holiday weekend! I woke up to a
knock at the door which was an Amazon delivery--they deliver on Sundays,
who knew. And it was Steven Universe tie-in books! Which I spent
the morning reading and reviewing and enjoying! I made weird
embarrassing noises while reading them. I really did. Finally I got
around to Sunday stuff like laundry, karaoke, and writing the rest of
the video I was planning. And finally redecorated with my summer
- Monday I spent the majority of the holiday
day off filming a video for my asexuality channel. It required me to
impersonate myself from eight years ago and I did so wearing the same
clothes as I'd worn then. I've gained twenty pounds since then so you do
the math, eheheh. I also talked to my sister P, and my friend Sarah
briefly, and my dad super briefly too. And I edited my video a lot but
didn't get done.
- Tuesday was not Monday. Heh. After work
I grocery shopped and hung out with Mom. She brought corn over and I
ate a LOT of corn. And did some drawings. She didn't stay the night
though--just left around 3 AM.
- Wednesday I had a
doctor's appointment that went fine and I have a referral to another
specialist. Ehh. After work I met Jeaux for IHOP and opened my new toy
set which arrived in the mail and was hiding in the apartment office
even though the notes lied to me and said it should be in a parcel
locker. I was trying to get all 8 figures from a blind bag toy set, but I
only got 7 out of the 8. Not bad for only buying 10 and getting some
duplicates. Jeaux and I also watched Supercon clips from some of our
favorite voice actors, and after he left I talked to Victor on the
phone. He was in a pretty good mood for a guy in the hospital. I got
some drawings done and chatted with him for a good long time.
- Thursday my brain got exploded because some Steven Universe preview clips were released (yikes, the clip from the upcoming musical episode! yikes, a new character!),
and then after work I met my friend Meghan and her daughter Katelyn for
Sweet Tomatoes food. Then we picked up Jeaux and went to see Welcome to
Night Vale on tour, which was awesome, and after we ended up at IHOP.
Katelyn and Meg slept over to avoid driving back to Jacksonville, and I
stayed up watching cartoon stuff and drawing.
- Friday I worked, and after work I went shopping for a gift for a friend and also picked up a few more of the blind bag toys, but I STILL did not get the figure I needed to complete my set! So I found someone online who wants to trade for one of my extras, and now I'm happy. :) I wrapped my friend's present and finished my comic and posted it, and then tried to finish captioning my video and posting it FINALLY.
- Ellie gave it a 4-star review on Goodreads.
Interviews, Features, Mentions:
- SEMANA interviewed me a couple weeks ago by e-mail, and I provided answers. ¿Sexo? No, gracias is the Spanish-language article they published based on my replies. Sex? No Thanks is an English translation. I don't know why they got my last name wrong (it's not "Docker"), because they had it right when they wrote e-mail to me.
- youwillfindilluminating quoted me from my piece in The Toast on Tumblr.
- projectqueer linked my Time article on Tumblr.
- Finished this week: Invader Zim: Volume 1 by Jhonen Vasquez. Four-star review.
- Finished this week: Steven Universe: Best Buds Together Fun by Jake Black. Five-star review.
- Finished this week: Steven Universe: Postcard Power by Cartoon Network Books. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: Dumplin' by Julie Murphy.
Here I'm singing "A Matter of Trust" by Billy Joel.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0582: "Fix Itself."
Here's my new video on my asexuality channel: Addressing Mistakes in My Asexuality Activism.
|New toy set, missing little Peridot, awww.|
|Friends at Night Vale show! Katelyn, Meghan, Jeaux.|
|Cecil Palmer and Intern Jeffrey. And Disparition on music.|
(Played by Cecil Baldwin and Jeffrey Cranor.)
|Pamela Winchell and Cecil Palmer.|
(Played by Desiree Burch and Cecil Baldwin.)
|Night Vale cast at the end. Meg Bashwiner as Deb, Cecil Baldwin|
as Cecil, Desiree Burch as Pamela, Jeffrey Cranor as Intern Jeffrey,
and musical guest/weather Erin McKeown.
|Meg was surprised by her fancy coffee. We laughed at her|
surprise for a good minute and a half.
|Jeaux and me after the show. He's wearing his Strex shirt.|
YouTube subscribers: 5,346 for swankivy (lost 4), 574 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 817 for swankivy (1 new), 1,262 for JulieSondra (4 new). Facebook: 291 friends (no change) and 203 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 639 likes for JulieSondra (4 new), 55 likes for Negative One (lost 1), 124 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,453 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 75 (no change).