Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Wednesday Factoid: Locked Out

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: What would you do if you got locked out of your home?

Well I can answer this pretty easily because this has happened to me and I know what I did. 

My workplace restroom is a shared-use facility with key-only access. Once I left my keys behind after using the restroom and went home without them. Since I live more than an hour away from my home by bus, I didn't want to go back, not to mention that everyone probably would have left for the day and I wasn't even sure I could get back into the building if my keys were inside.

So I called my friend Jeaux. He has a key.

My mom has a key too, but since she's often ill and it would have taken her probably way longer to get to me even if she wasn't ill, I called Jeaux first to see if he was on his way home. He was able to get me into my house on his way back from work and all was well. (I have a spare key inside which I was able to use to lock up the house the next day, and when I got to work I was able to track down my keys.)

It's good to have a couple people you trust that have a key. I don't like the idea of hiding a key outside or breaking into my house somehow. There would also be the option of using my garage door opener--if I could have accessed the garage, I would have been able to get in the back door inside, but for a while I did carry my garage door opener in my purse and a couple times stuff fell on it while I was home and my garage door opened and stayed open all night while I was home! So I don't do that anymore. I really have no need to keep the garage door opener with me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment