Saturday, March 16, 2019

Personal Digest Saturday: March 9 – March 15

Life news this week:
  • Saturday I did a little cleaning and hung out with my friend Kari to watch cartoons and eat pizza. We had a great time! After she left I finished my blogging for the week and played on Tumblr. I was happy that someone who works on the Steven Universe show liked one of my blog posts. :)
  • Sunday, despite the time change, I had a wonderful, relaxing day. I spent most of it outside at the patio table just enjoying the weather, though I got bit by some insects even though I was using bug spray. I didn't have many messages so I mostly spent it on trying to prepare a book to send to my agent. I also did epic laundry since I had not had a working washing machine for two Sundays. I also ate couscous, won an eBay auction, and talked to a cartoon nerd friend online.
  • Monday was a work day--tons of work on a City proposal and a typical DOT letter. I took a long nap and then later in the evening my dad's friend Jimmy called because we are setting up me doing some editing and book advice for him. We got some terms settled and pretty soon I'll start working on it. I cleaned my game room while talking to him.
  • Tuesday we had a staff meeting at the office and then I spent the day putting out the fires from stuff brought up during the meeting. Mostly more stuff for the City proposal. When I got home I had the evening free because Arthur and I aren't meeting anymore due to his job change, so I cleaned half my house (all the rooms with no carpet) and vacuumed. I'm productive!
  • Wednesday I was still up from Tuesday for a while because I was waiting for an exciting comic book to drop after midnight. I stayed up until it released digitally, posted a review and a lot of excitement about it online, and finally got a couple hours' sleep. Then I went to work, knocked out a bunch of proposal stuff for the City, and met Jeaux. We picked up our physical copies of the comic book at the comic store, went to Five Guys for food, and did our grocery shopping and TV watching. Had a fun discussion of gross OKCupid men. After he left I went to sleep early.
  • Thursday we had to turn in the City proposal by 2 PM. The big enemy that morning was file size--had to be under 3 MB, and ours was slightly over. I did a bunch of tricks to shave its file size down and got it turned in. Spent the afternoon doing other proposal stuff for an expanded letter due Monday. I chatted to my mom on the phone, worked on my comic while talking to Victor, and talked to a cartoon nerd friend (a different one from the one on Sunday). I have many.
  • Friday was more proposal work and report building. At home I made rainbow pasta and ate it, and then I did my comic, recorded a ukulele song, and went to sleep early. 
New reviews of my book:


  • Isabella Edwards gave it a five-star review on Amazon, saying it helps to know others share their experiences.
  • Stalesfo gave it a four-star review on Amazon, calling it a great starting point.
My diet progress: 


  • I'm just leaving this category here to remind myself that I theoretically should be on one. I haven't weighed myself this week at all. Which probably means not good.

Reading progress:
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "It's a Kind of Magic" by Queen.




    Stuff Drawn:




    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0722: "Name of Today."






    New videos:

    My latest unlisted ukulele video is me playing the sorta-ska version of "Let Me Drive My Van (Into Your Heart)," inspired by the Sadie Killer version.



    New photos:


    A friend sent me a gorgeous view from where he was during
    a stop on a cruise. I sent him my scenic view too.
    My Sunday eating couscous and enjoying the weather.

    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,263 for swankivy (8 new), 678 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 966 for swankivy (2 new), 1,338 for JulieSondra (lost 6). Facebook: 295 friends (no change) and 208 followers (no change) for swankivy, 648 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 146 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,511 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 173 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment