Saturday, March 2, 2019

Personal Digest Saturday: February 23 – March 1

Life news this week:
  • Saturday Victor had stayed over and he stayed in the guestroom watching TV for a really long time while I took care of the cake mess from the night before, had two cups of coffee, and made pancakes. (When he finally came out, he said he'd thought I wouldn't be up yet, and though he heard the noise I was making in the kitchen, he believed it had been my neighbors.) So we got a kinda late start to our breakfast and video making, but we did get around to it; he and I recorded our consumption of Universal Yums food from Italy. I probably won't be able to process the video until I upgrade my computer though. After he left I just texted with my friends, worked on blogging, and argued with someone on eBay because they were selling merch with a fake autograph on it and wouldn't acknowledge it.
  • Sunday was pretty nice except that my washing machine broke. I tried to apply for an appliance repair company to help me and they never responded to me, so I just didn't do laundry. I sat outside at my patio table almost all day and was actually outside when someone hit a golf ball into my back yard only a few yards from me. Yikes. I made some silly GIFs and did some reading on my project that I'm supposed to send to my agent, but with a broken computer it's annoying.
  • Monday I was busy with a whirlwind of proposal stuff at work. After work I drew a funny picture for a friend's birthday. Cleaned up the kitchen from the madness scattered around.
  • Tuesday I had to work more on the same proposal thing. Then I met my friend Arthur and we ate Thai food and watched Twin Peaks. After he left I read my new eBay acquisition graphic novel, Pug Davis. I loved it!
  • Wednesday I got up super early to read a new Steven Universe comic and then went back to bed. I worked and it turned out they were cancelling the proposal I'd been working on so I looked at other stuff. I processed some papers for my mom for her health care. After work Jeaux and I went to Joe's Diner, comic shopping, and grocery shopping, and then we watched Miracle Workers and Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
  • Thursday I had to go to a work meeting in the morning with my co-worker. I hadn't been expecting breakfast but we got breakfast! Then after that I did a bunch of work stuff until my friends Meghan and Katelyn arrived to pick me up. We went back to my house so I could change and put away my stuff, and then we headed out to meet Jeaux and Victor at a restaurant. We ate pizza and went to see Welcome to Night Vale. It was great! Afterwards Meg and Katie stayed over.
  • Friday Meg and Katie took me to work and they went off to Disney. I was pretty busy all day with documenting upcoming projects and digging through a proposal. After work I had to rush through drawing my comics because I hadn't gotten to draw at all the night before! I got it done and went to bed early.
New reviews of my book:


  • Sarah gave it a five-star review on Goodreads, relating especially to the part about how some aces growing up in ultra-religious cultures can be confused by "temptation" warnings.
  • Felicite Reads gave it a four-star review on Goodreads, calling it "pretty helpful."
  • GooseberryCompote gave it a three-star review on Goodreads, saying it's repetitive but the repetition is necessary.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

  • The RationalWiki has an article on Asexuality that manages to define it incorrectly immediately. The "Studies" section mentions my book.
  • My book is recommended in a resources section on a page about traumatic brain injury, in a post called Sex in the Brain: Asexuality. Not sure what to think of this since it begins by talking about people who "suffer from asexuality," referring to it as loss of urges and calling it "anything but desirable." C'mon guys. Don't recommend my stuff as reference reading if you don't know not to do this.
My diet progress: 


  • No good. I haven't really been very disciplined and as a result gained a pound instead of losing any. But that's OK!

Reading progress:
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Crazy" by Patsy Cline.




    Stuff Drawn:


    Jasper eats Rocky Road ice cream
    (with real rocks in it)





    Webcomic So You Write Issue 93: "Another Explanation."








    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0720: "Easier On You."






    New videos:

    None!

    New photos:


    Universal Yums: Italy!
    Golf ball in my back yard.
    Golf ball collection is growing
    Two copies of the rare book Pug Davis.
    Dreamboy!
    Cecil!
    Deb (Meg) tells Cecil a secret
    Cecil Again
    Tameka (Symphony) with Cecil
    Cecil is skeptical

    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,245 for swankivy (5 new), 673 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Twitter followers: 963 for swankivy (lost 2), 1,346 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 295 friends (no change) and 207 followers (no change) for swankivy, 648 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 146 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,513 (no change). Instagram followers: 173 (2 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment