Life news this week:
- Saturday I just did some chatting to my sister on the phone, did some writing, planned for a video I wanted to make, and did a silly craft to make my bookends look like Garnet's head. Haha.
- Sunday I sat outside to do my message-answering ritual at my table, got harassed by a jerk on Amino and had to report him, did some chores, and then spent most of the day recording my video. Also did my writing and a little doodle.
- Monday I had to process a bunch of documents for Mom and go to work. She was going back and forth with stuff for her financial adviser and new lawyer. Glad I have a fancy PDF organizer thingie to do it with. After work I actually went to a NaNoWriMo write-in at Panera! But nobody else seemed to be there. Bummer. Oh well, got my chapter written and had a delicious sandwich. Went home and worked on the edits to my new video, which were massive.
- Tuesday I answered some questions for a journalism student about asexuality, went to work, and finished some more paperwork stuff for Mom. Her adviser was trying to make a budget and she didn't have the documents for her medical stuff so I had to track some stuff down for her. Then Arthur picked me up and we ate Thai food and watched Twin Peaks at my house. (He's introducing me to the show.) Then I did my writing and some comic stuff and did more edits on my video.
- Wednesday I didn't go to work because I was helping Mom and just needed a day off to do it. Unfortunately even though she made it to my house, she was very sick and we couldn't do some of the stuff because she fell asleep and I just took care of her and let her rest. I was able to scan some of the documents she hadn't given me yet. Glad I could help but there's still more stuff she'll need a helper for. Then Jeaux came over and we ate at Moe's and went grocery shopping and watched some episodes of the She-Ra reboot which I actually really liked. After he left I did a drawing and did my writing and recorded a song.
- Thursday I worked, wrote a new chapter, updated some documents, and worked on my subtitles for my video after work until Victor called. Then we chatted for a while as I drew my webcomic, but we hung up when my mom came over to spend the night because the next morning I had to go to an appointment with her and it was too early to trust that she'd be there in the morning (heh, she's always late), so she spent the night and it was nice.
- Friday we went to the appointment, she had to hand in some documents that I'd organized for her, and then she drove me to work. I finished my NaNoWriMo goal and was pretty satisfied so I bought myself a winner shirt. The book isn't done yet though. Then it was a mad dash to finish my comic, finish my other comic, and post a blog entry so I could include it on Amino before the end of the day. I had wanted to finish my video's subtitling by then too but I didn't.
- In-progress NaNo novel, In Bloom, has completed NaNoWriMo at 50,615 words, but is not a complete novel yet.
- Finished this week: No reading this week. Just too much going on.
- Currently reading: The Law Enforcement Guide to Wicca by Kerr Cuhulain.
This week's karaoke song is "What's Love Got to Do With It" by Tina Turner.
|A quick Garnet sketch|
|A poorly executed lineless art of the Topazes sharing an intimate moment|
Webcomic So You Write Issue 90: "Fade to Black."
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0707: "Wild."
Letters to an Asexual #63, about maturity, is out!
|Turned my bookends into Garnet heads|
|Ongoing comic variants!|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,242 for swankivy (lost 13), 679 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Twitter followers: 968 for swankivy (no change), 1,350 for JulieSondra (lost 5). Facebook: 296 friends (no change) and 205 followers (no change) for swankivy, 652 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 59 likes for Negative One (no change), 147 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,523 (no change). Instagram followers: 163 (no change).