Life news this week:
- Saturday I did my blogging and wrote a fun post about Jewishness associated with my favorite cartoon. And I watched videos and drew pictures. I had a relaxing but not very satisfying day.
- Sunday I went to Sarasota with my sister P's family and we saw my dad and Connie, and met my sister L and her husband there too. We all went to a deli for lunch and hung out at Dad's house, opened presents, and caught up with each other. Then afterwards I went with my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew to a store to try to get the things we needed for cookies and whatnot. When I got home I made a video but I fell asleep before it finished processing.
- Monday was a day off! Since it was Christmas Eve I had some free time. My sister P came over and we started to make cookies, but then she found out the zoo was only open until mid-afternoon so she left to go take her son there, and then she came back and finished the cookies (gingerbread and sugar cookies) with me while brother-in-law Y and nephew A played in various rooms. Jeaux came by and watched us, and then after we'd finished everything, he took me to his house to watch THE FIRST NEW EPISODE OF STEVEN UNIVERSE IN MONTHS. It was pretty good but didn't kill me! We ate pizza, talked about the episode, and watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine too. After he took me home I didn't have the energy to make the cake I needed to make for Christmas. Just fell asleep on the floor.
- Tuesday was Christmas. I got up early and made my Yule Log cake, plus the icing we needed for cookies. Then I wrapped my presents and my sis picked me up. We went over there and chilled for a few hours until my friends Jeaux and Victor got off work (yes they had to work on Christmas) and they hung out with us. We decorated cookies, watched some cartoon Christmas specials, and played with toys. I made some gravy for the meal. Our mom wasn't doing super well--I think she was exhausted--and she kept leaving the room and falling asleep in her room. We eventually got to eat and open our presents, and dessert was very late. I got some great stuff and really enjoyed watching everyone open gifts!! I didn't get home until just before midnight.
- Wednesday was back to work. Not much was happening but I managed to make myself useful. Also made a post that got popular based on something Jeaux said. We decided to do our usual Jeaux Day even though I'd already seen him twice. We ate at Perkins, shopped at Target, listened to Night Vale, and watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I fell asleep early.
- Thursday was another slow day at work. I wrote a post about haters. And went to the store in the middle of the day because I needed ThINgS. I went home on the bus and talked to Victor on the phone while drawing my comic. I got the whole thing drawn while I was on the phone, which is unusual! But then I fell asleep on the floor.
- Friday I spent some time cultivating a 2018 wrap-up post but I'm not done yet. Another slow day at work too, but I was updating some resumes. Got a ride home and dawdled a lot before posting my webcomic and falling asleep early again.
- Finished this week: Time for reading was scarce, so I did not read.
- Currently reading: The Law Enforcement Guide to Wicca by Kerr Cuhulain.
This week's karaoke song is "Carol of the Bells," the traditional Christmas carol.
|Hanukkah Steven, just because.|
|A promo poster I made for this week's new Steven Universe episode, "Familiar."|
|A messy dressed-up Steven I drew with Ash's crayons|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0711: "The Peace She'll Need."
Letters to an Asexual #64 is about The Football Analogy--HEY IF I DON'T LIKE FOOTBALL DOES THAT MEAN I NEED A WHOLE CHANNEL ABOUT WHAT I DON'T LIKE??? But it's mostly just a response to the same jerk as last month's.
|Mike is the ice cream champion|
|You Really Can't Tell but Ash is very excited about Legos|
|Look at those sisters unwrapping gifts|
|Mike's a good Lego builder playmate|
|The Jamming Boys room|
|A horrible photo of me drinking Guacola|
|Patricia and Ash decorating the gingerbread house|
|Cookie decorating nerds!|
|Completed gingerbread house|
|Some decorated cookies!|
|Ash in artistic decorating mode|
|My friends decorating cookies|
|Uh-oh, gift time|
|I got P a pour-over coffee thing and Y a drum pad.|
|Jeaux and Ash building together.|
|Who wants dessert??|
|Ash is enjoying his cookie.|
|And I am glad Ash is enjoying his cookie.|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,236 for swankivy (lost 3), 678 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 967 for swankivy (1 new), 1,347 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 209 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 653 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 61 likes for Negative One (no change), 146 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,513 (2 new). Instagram followers: 165 (no change).