Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Wednesday Factoid: Left Brain or Right Brain?

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: Are you Left-Brained or Right-Brained?

Putting aside the fact that there is not necessarily a definitive way to tell this, I think I'm a pretty good mixture but if I had to pick one I'd say I lean left-brained.

An overview:

If your'e left-brained, you think in words, sequentially, linearly, and you like math, facts, and logic. You like to analyze, organize, and function verbally, and you are better than right-brained people at reading, writing, and figuring.

If you're right-brained, you operate by visualization and feelings, imaginatively, intuitively, and you like rhythm, arts, and the big picture. You like to daydream, go with your gut, and base decisions on more amorphous emotions, and you are better than left-brained people at nonverbal communication, visualizing, and being artistic.

I come across to most people as a pretty artistic person so some people are surprised that a writer, artist, and musician would say "yeah I'm probably more left brained." But the thing with me is that I approach art in a more organized way, I think. I'm pretty big on emotion and intuition in some ways, but my verbal skills and analysis skills are very good for communicating and editing, and my thorough standards for organization sometimes blow people away when they find out how comprehensive they are.


I guess that's why I'd say I'm more of a mix. But overall in the WAY I think, I guess it's pretty solidly in the left brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment