Saturday, July 28, 2018

Personal Digest Saturday: July 21 – July 27 [GIF Warning]

Life news this week:
  • Saturday was the second day of Metrocon for me! I was supposed to go with Jeaux but he was sick. So I dressed up in my Stevonnie costume and went to the convention without him. I spent the whole day there alone enjoying costumes and checking out the dealer room. It was SO MUCH FUN. Also people who came up to ask if I could really play my ukulele got to ask for song requests, and I actually knew every single song they asked for so I looked cool! I came home and relaxed. Boy did my feet hurt.
  • Metrocon happened at the same time as San Diego Comic Con, so all day I was also getting little bits of news regarding announcements for Steven Universe. They played a whole new episode, announced a movie, and announced a crossover. WOW!
  • Sunday I did my usual household chores and sitting outside to answer e-mail at my table. I could have gone back to Metrocon but I was too exhausted. Took a shower, did laundry, did karaoke. And then Cartoon Network took pity on the people who did not go to San Diego Comic Con and actually released the new episode of Steven Universe on their app for us, so Jeaux and I got on Skype and watched it together. (He was still sick.) It was great! I also opened a bunch of keychain toys and drew pictures of them. :) I didn't get the whole set but I got pretty close.
  • Monday was a pretty productive day at work with three letters going out. I also was setting up trades online to get the keychains I'm missing. Hooray! I got a ride home from my co-worker and spent the evening watching panels and drawing little pictures to go in my trade packages. I fell asleep very early.
  • Tuesday I mailed my stuff at the post office in the morning and took a paid ride to work because it was rainy. I had to do a bunch of utility coordination and printing at the office. Then my friend Arthur picked me up and we got Thai food and watched cartoons, episodes 63 through 69. We had to stop at 69 because there was a song in it and Arthur wanted to drop everything to learn it. :) Then after he left I got in an online fight with a confused person who disagreed with a Tumblr post I made because they thought I had remembered details of an episode wrong. (I had not. But they kept telling ME to go rewatch it. Uh. They finally gave up when they realized they had it wrong.)
  • Wednesday we had more rain. Very busy day at the office printing and dealing with utilities. I didn't get to hang out with Jeaux because he was STILL SICK. Also made a video of my new color-changing mug!


    • Thursday was busy AGAIN. I also got to listen to the Steven Universe podcast and made a highlights post about it, which was very popular online. My mom came over to give me a paper she needed scanned, and then she fell asleep on my couch for a while and said some hilarious things in her sleep. After she left I talked to Victor and did some drawings for the webcomic.
    • Friday was very busy at the office. We finally got the resubmissions done for the utilities. After work I was ready to settle down and finish my webcomic but it turned out Drink and Draw was Friday instead of the usual Saturday, so I scurried out there and finished my comic drawings at the event. Got to talk to Joy, hooray! Came home and finished the comic, uploaded an asexuality video I made last week, and fell asleep on the floor.

    Interviews, Articles, Mentions:


    Reading progress:
    • Finished this week: Nothing this week, sorry!
    • Currently readingNative Tongue by Carl Hiaasen.
      New singing performances:

      This week's song was "What Can I Do (For You)?" from Steven Universe. It's a duet with another member, and I do the man's part!


      Stuff Drawn:


      Greg Universe razzing Amethyst
      Cookie Cat index card included in a mailout
      Pink Diamond index card included in a mailout
      Ruby and Sapphire index card included in a mailout

      Ruby and Sapphire index card included in a mailout



      Webcomic Negative One Issue 0689: "Where You're Going."






      New videos:

      Letters to an Asexual #60 is about a jerk who habitually sends judgmental e-mails to queer activists and has targeted me twice.




      New photos:

      Ready for this? Here's all my Metrocon photos.


      Getting ready at home: Stevonnie from Steven Universe
      My cute belly Gem: Stevonnie from Steven Universe
      Princess Bubblegum and Marceline the Vampire Queen: Adventure Time
      Blue Pearl from Steven Universe

      Popuko and Pipimi from Pop Team Epic
      Rose Quartz from Steven Universe
      Me as Stevonnie with Rose Quartz from Steven Universe
      Lapis Lazuli, Ruby, and Sapphire (in creative outfits) from Steven Universe
      Lapis Lazuli and Rainbow Quartz from Steven Universe
      Opal and Rainbow Quartz from Steven Universe
      Opal, Rainbow Quartz, and me as Stevonnie from Steven Universe
      Past Pearl from Steven Universe
      Rainbow Quartz, Past Pearl, me as Stevonnie, and Opal from Steven Universe
      Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender
      Battle Steven (a fan concept) from Steven Universe
      Peridot from Steven Universe
      Pearl from Steven Universe
      Sadie and Lars from the specific episode "Island Adventure" of Steven Universe
      Steven in wedding clothes from Steven Universe
      Blue Diamond from Steven Universe
      Two Stevonnies from Steven Universe
      Bad Pearl from Steven Universe
      Holly Blue Agate from Steven Universe
      Me as Stevonnie taking a selfie with Steven from Steven Universe
      Musical Steven, musical Stevonnie from Steven Universe
      Mystery Girl from Steven Universe
      My feet
      Vanellope from Wreck-It Ralph
      Wendy from Gravity Falls
      Mystery Girl from Steven Universe
      Cowboy Ruby from Steven Universe
      Nerds fighting with lightsabers
      Nerds fighting with lightsabers

      Social Media Counts:

      YouTube subscribers: 5,286 for swankivy (lost 1), 678 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 968 for swankivy (7 new), 1,325 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 295 friends (no change, but I figured out who disappeared last week: a friend deactivated his Facebook) and 206 followers (no change) for swankivy, 648 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 57 likes for Negative One (no change), 139 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,524 (1 new). Instagram followers: 147 (1 new).



      No comments:

      Post a Comment