Saturday, April 29, 2017

Personal Digest Saturday: April 22 – April 28

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday was very productive. I packed my bag for Drink and Draw, adjusted a karaoke performance to share with my Amino folks, did laundry, and read a bunch of a graphic novel. Also did all the blogging and talked to my first Pitch Wars mentee on Skype for a while. Belle took me to the event and I got my webcomic drawing and some fan art done. I was too tired at home afterwards to get anything done though. :(
  • Sunday I finished reading the graphic novel quickly because my friends Eric and Robbie were doing a podcast on it and I was supposed to be on it. I did the podcast discussion, and all that plus karaoke and ukulele recordings. (I was in an Alanis Morissette mood, I guess.) Then I drew more fanart to celebrate my cartoon blog hitting 700 followers, and I opened some packages I ordered. Some of my cosplay clothes are here. :) I didn't do the dishes 'cause lazy.
  • Monday I worked on a couple letters at work and had to watch an engineering training video. After, I finished my fan art from the night before, actually did the dishes, and cleaned up around the house a bit.
  • Tuesday was Many Meetings Day. We were actually supposed to have three meetings but it actually became two. We had a brainstorming meeting for a project we got shortlisted on, and then later we had our usual office meeting. I got to eat Jimmy John's sandwiches. :) Mom came over later and we just hung out instead of going shopping. We ate some tater tots and watched music videos. I doodled a little but didn't finish the drawings.
  • Wednesday I missed the bus, but it was slow and caught at a light and I had my bike, so I rode past it and picked it up at its next stop! Ain't I a tricky one. I chatted online with a friend and didn't have much excitement at the office. Weird things happened at the bus stop on Wednesday: two women were complimenting my butt and commenting on my clothes, and then a dude came in discussing his enema, and then another dude came in and ranted about divorcing his wife because she "wants to be a feminist" and is having sex with "some black dude." Yikes. I left the bus stop to stand somewhere else and got a compliment on my Steven Universe shirt, haha. I met Jeaux and we ate at WOW Burger and got the #3 SU comic, which we read together. I posted some comic reviews after he left but I was super tired.
  • Thursday I had some e-mail troubles (I hate when e-mail programs erase what you already spent a bunch of time on!!), and I chatted with a friend and was sleepy all day. Drew a little bit, posted pictures on Amino, and had a very slow day.
  • Friday I finished reading my first Pitch Wars mentee's book but I have to come up with some final notes. Also finished the book I was reading on the bus and wrote reviews. I managed to whip an Access database into shape. Sort of. And then at home I had to do webcomics and ended up crashing.
    Articles, Interviews, Mentions:
    Reading progress:
    • Finished this week: The Stone Heart by Faith Erin Hicks. Four-star review.
    • Finished this week: Steven Universe #3 by Melanie Gillman and Katy Farina. (This is a comic book.) Four-star review
    • Finished this week: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. Five-star review.
    • Currently reading: The Conscience of a Liberal by Paul Krugman.
      New singing performances:

      This week I performed "Forgiven" by Alanis Morissette. Watch out: it contains unattractive screaming.

       

      New drawings: 

      Pearl gets her turn to nap with Steven.
      She is a nightlight.
       
      A surprise drawing of Sugilite: New outfit concept that I made up! (We don't know what this character looks like right now, but it's different from the last time we saw her, so I'm guessing.)




      Webcomic So You Write Issue 71: "Hard Work."









      Webcomic Negative One Issue 0624: "Hard on Her."






      New videos:

      My latest unlisted ukulele video is "Head Over Feet" by Alanis Morissette. It came out all right!



      New photos:

      I took no photos of interest this week.

      Social Media counts:
       
      YouTube subscribers: 5,307 for swankivy (lost 9), 638 for JulieSondra (8 new). Twitter followers: 858 for swankivy (3 new), 1,330 for JulieSondra (5 new). Facebook: 291 friends (no change) and 207 followers (no change) for swankivy, 650 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 125 likes for So You Write (lost 2). Tumblr followers: 2,483 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 113 (3 new).

      1 comment:

      1. I'm so glad you liked Ender's Game! It's one of my favorite novels and I'd noticed you'd been reading it.

        ReplyDelete