- Saturday did not see much accomplishment besides blogging and
answering some messages (which I had to do from my living room because
that was the room in which I could hear the neighbors' noise the least).
I am constantly rearranging my sleeping and my everyday existence to be
tormented by them as little as possible and no one will help me. This
is why I'm moving in September. I just can't take it anymore.
I did more unnecessary blogging about cartoons, made an asexuality
video and two karaoke videos and a ukulele video. Kind of a lot of
video-making and music.
- Monday I did some work on a
letter for the office and got home relatively early because a co-worker
drove me. I drew some doodles, bought some cosplay clothes for a costume
I'm planning for summer, practiced my ukulele, and did the subtitles
for my latest video.
- Tuesday I got more drawings done
and did more beta reading for my friend's book. At home I ate a massive
quantity of rice for some reason, colored some doodles, and went to bed.
was not notable at work. I went to meet Jeaux after and got yet another
dude hitting on me at the bus stop trying to find out where I was going
and why I didn't want to stop to talk to him. We ate at Pei Wei and I
had a good tofu teriyaki bowl. Jeaux and I then went to my place to read
the new Steven Universe tie-in book, Keep Beach City Weird, which had arrived in my mailbox that day. We also listened to Night Vale and after he left I wrote a review of the book.
- Thursday I had a weird sleep schedule and was very tired at work. That app I downloaded to play with Steven Universe
fans featured a couple more of my posts on its front page so now I am
up to having it happen nine times in less than a month. Apparently that
is unusual. Whee. Did some editing for my friend and finished a book. At
the bus stop I finally talked to someone worth talking to, and gave him
my e-mail so he could send me a short story he wrote. When I got home I
ate dinner and talked to Victor on the phone while drawing comics.
- Friday I received supplies and got my notary stuff so I'm officially a notary now. Who wants to get married? Hah. I read the story by the bus stop guy and sent him some thoughts. I found out at lunch that there is going to be a clump of new Steven Universe episodes starting May 8 (the marathon format is called "StevenBomb"; this is StevenBomb #6), so I got excited and sent the promo to Jeaux and Meghan so we could flip out. When I got home I posted my webcomic and prepared some homework for the upcoming Drink and Draw event.
- The Notes Which Do Not Fit mentions my book again in the context of comparing it to another one (and recommending mine instead).
- The Asexual Agenda's Linkspam for this week mentions my "Pride" post.
- Finished this week: Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay. Four-star review.
- Finished this week: Keep Beach City Weird by Matt Burnett and Ben Levin. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.
This week I did two performances. The main one was "Love Like You" by Rebecca Sugar.
But I also wanted to do a duet of a song I'd recorded previously, and I found a partner. My partner is Oaklight, and they're singing the first part while I did the second part and the harmony. It's our duet version of "Here Comes a Thought," also by Rebecca Sugar.
|Next in my series of sleeping Gems is Steven with Amethyst.|
I could have done a lot better on this one.
|An impromptu doodle of flashback characters hanging out.|
Rose Quartz (with the huge curly hair) has a ton of fan art with her and Pearl,
but the other two, Garnet and Amethyst, certainly had special times with her too,
so I wanted to draw that.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0623: "Matter-of-Fact."
My latest asexuality video is Letters to an Asexual #45. This one is about someone's objection that I am probably just too stubborn or too intellectual to want sex. Brilliant.
My latest unlisted ukulele video is "Don't Cost Nothin'," which is a song from Steven Universe performed by Steven's dad. It's really cute but it doesn't have an ending (because in the show it fades into a completely different song), so I put an ending on it! Really fun little song though, and I think I got its character down right when I played it, for once.
|The giant quantity of rice I ate and then fell asleep.|
|New book, new shirt. I got Keep Beach City Weird and a Lion shirt.|
|Look, my notary stamp. It's official!|
And the haircut comparison photos for April:
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,306 for swankivy (lost 10), 632 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 856 for swankivy (1 new), 1,327 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 291 friends (no change) and 207 followers (no change) for swankivy, 649 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (lost 1). Tumblr followers: 2,490 (5 new). Instagram followers: 112 (2 new).