- VACATION WEEK! It went by SO QUICKLY! And yet I got SO LITTLE DONE,
except I did a fair amount of art and stuff. But I was expecting to
spend more time reading and answering mail, and I didn't do that at all
because I was just hanging out with my friends! Wow!
- Saturday was departure day. My friend Fred arrived and I got to meet his girlfriend Kathy for the first time. We went to breakfast while waiting for the arrival of Meghan and Katelyn. We chilled at my place until they got there, then traveled to New Port Richey in two cars. We found our vacation home and got in with a couple glitches, and then went grocery shopping to stock up the house for the week. We then ordered Chinese food, played Cards Against Humanity, and laughed ourselves silly.
|Fred on the Tiger Millionaire phone.|
|Meeting Kathy for the first time.|
|My room at the beach house.|
|They were good at the game.|
- Sunday I had a poolside breakfast! Coffee and a banana while watching my friends swim. Kathy and Fred were at church so it was just me and Meg and Katie for a while. I joined them in the pool for a bit and managed to avoid getting sunburned. Then we made a cake while listening to Steven Universe soundtrack music, went to get Jeaux from Tampa and brought him back, and then made a rib dinner. (I ate fake ribs!) We watched the the Reduced Shakespeare Company's program and played Cards Against Humanity again, this time with Jeaux. I drew some pictures for the upcoming Steven Universe episodes, which was fun because in previous weeks I've just done simple calendar pictures and these ones were a little more detailed.
|Meghan's beautiful dress!|
|Poolside with coffee.|
|7UP cake making!|
|Cards Against Humanity group!|
- Monday we had breakfast and coffee together--I made Together Breakfast, which is waffles with syrup, whipped cream, a strawberry, and popcorn. We then went to the beach, but it was this little lagoon place. Fred attempted to swim completely across it and didn't quite make it. Then we went back to the house, went to the movies to see Ghostbusters, and came back home for the new episode of Steven Universe, "Gem Hunt." Kathy and Fred had never seen the show before. I don't know if our enthusiasm annoyed them. Then we made enchiladas and ate them, and checked out Hamilton until everyone felt sleepy. We all talked after and I drew some pictures.
|Together Breakfast! Yes, that's popcorn.|
|Crew about to eat Together Breakfast.|
|Constructing the Together Breakfast.|
|Jeaux is just chillin'.|
|Beach Bums with Meggie.|
|Meggie and Katelyn.|
|I like this shirt.|
- Tuesday I hung out with Jeaux and Meghan and Katelyn in the pool while Fred and Kathy went to Crystal Springs. We brought Jeaux back home, went shopping, had lunch together, and had some down time. Fred came back and we talked about art. We watched the new SU episode, "Crack the Whip" (yikes!!!). Then we went to Tarpon Springs and got to eat at Rusty Bellies, where I had a fantastic salad and a bite of key lime pie. We watched Clue at home, and I drew more pictures. And I gave Meghan a cool necklace.
|Friends in the pool.|
|Messy pool hair.|
|Excited about cartoons! Notice coffee and toys in the background.|
|Fred and Kathy enjoying the seafood restaurant.|
|The group at Rusty Bellies. I had a good salad.|
- Wednesday we said goodbye to Kathy and Fred, who were only staying half the trip. They left and we had a Bum Day around the house. We had breakfast and lunch together, watched the new SU episode "Steven vs. Amethyst" (ahhhhh), and made pasta and salad for dinner. We spent all night watching silly videos and talking.
|Sometimes I watch cartoons in Steven Universe boxers.|
- Thursday we had a shopping day in Tarpon Springs, where I got some gifts and candy and they caught some Pokémon. Haha. We didn't find any of the toys we wanted. We came back home for Steven Universe's half-hour special, "Bismuth," and that kinda destroyed my productivity for the day (as if I'd had any to begin with). I'm glad my friends like rambling about cartoons as much as I do.
|Crystal Temple star shirt oh yeah.|
|Gals shopping in Tarpon Springs!|
|They caught many Pokémon.|
- Friday was the last day in the house. We had planned a beach day, but it rained and made that impossible. :( So we had another Bum Day. I drew some pictures and Meg and Katelyn watched Miyazaki movies. I chatted with a friend online and we finished up some of our food. And then we watched the week's last episode of SU, entitled "Beta," which only aired in Canada and was hard to get our hands on (but we managed). I doodled some Negative One stuff too. Nothing else really happened except packing!
|I dig this shirt and this lighting.|
New reviews of my book:
- Finished this week: Nothing. I'm not very good at getting things done while on vacation, am I.
- Currently reading: Dumplin' by Julie Murphy.
I actually didn't do a karaoke recording this week. I could have, but didn't feel like it.
Did a bunch of more-detailed-than-usual drawings to celebrate the third week of Summer of Steven episodes. These were each drawn as sort of "guesses" about each episode's content focus, so I could use them in my Facebook posts to talk about episodes.
|Day 11: Connie and Steven on Connie's first mission (with Pearl).|
Episode: "Gem Hunt."
|Day 12: Connie and Steven sparring while Amethyst observes.|
Episode: "Crack the Whip."
|Day 13: Steven and Amethyst compete for Pearl Points.|
Episode: "Steven vs. Amethyst."
|Day 14: Bismuth, the new character, grinning her butt off.|
|Day 15: Peridot, Amethyst, Steven, and Lapis apparently about to |
fight something, which did not happen in the episode.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0586: "Asking Her."
Well I certainly had a ton of new photos! I put them above for the most part so they wouldn't be in a huge annoying clump, but if you want to see the entire album beyond the highlights, it's right here: New Port Richey Beach Vacation 2016 Photo Album!
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,352 for swankivy (lost 1), 579 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 812 for swankivy (2 new), 1,272 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 292 friends (1 new, added Kathy) and 200 followers (no change) for swankivy, 636 likes for JulieSondra (lost 3), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 124 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,467 (10 new). Instagram followers: 80 (1 new).