Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wednesday Factoid: Happiness

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: When was the last time you got really happy and why?

Oh good, this question came at a time that something that got me really happy has just happened!

Last night, Brenda Drake surprised all the Pitch Wars participants by announcing the mentors' picks early, and it was so much fun watching my new mentee celebrating on Twitter and getting so excited!


Er, oh yeah . . . everyone meet my new Pitch Wars mentee for 2015, Lynn Forrest!

Lynn is the author of a nifty urban fantasy entitled THE MEASURE OF A MONSTER. It is a very odd pick for me because it includes both vampiric creatures and a sort of detective story, neither of which is generally my bag at all. But there are a ton of reasons I picked it . . . and I'll be able to discuss these more coherently after I've had some time to settle into editing the book. ;)

I'm quite happy to be working with Lynn, but to get back to the prompt, this thing that made me happy did so because it really is a great feeling to make someone's day (even though it meant I had to disappoint 91 other people), and because I think Lynn and I are really going to get along well. Before I knew if I was going to pick her, I definitely wanted to be pals based on her values and her interaction style. Making a new friend is always something to get excited about. (At least, if you're me!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment