- So the biggest news was Pitch Wars, of course, and as everyone who
reads this blog knows I selected a mentee (Lynn Forrest) and began work
on her book. Leading up to that choice was a lot of reading on Saturday.
I was still trying to decide on Sunday and I only had until Monday to
declare. I felt good about my decision once it was over, though.
- My sister called on Saturday and I got to chat with her for a while.
mom came over during the wee hours (I seriously mean like 4 AM) on what
was technically Sunday and we made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato
soup. It's funny that my mom is a weird night owl like me. And later on
Sunday I got to chat with my dad on the phone.
- I was
back to work on Monday, and had to spend the first three days of the
week folding more than three thousand fliers to send out for some
workshop stuff. I had to put stamps, address labels, and sealing
stickers on them too. I wore tape on my fingers so I didn't kill my
skin, and it worked.
- Tuesday I slept over at my mom's.
We ate ravioli and spring rolls and she gave me a weird ice cream thing
too. I watched the Pitch Wars video with the mentors discussing the
contest and then the surprise at the end with the mentee announcement.
It was fun celebrating with my new mentee on Twitter, even though I was
distracted since I was at my mom's.
- Wednesday was Jeaux Day and we ate at Flipper's, and then did our usual America's Got Talent watching and updated ourselves on the latest Night Vale.
- I finally started sending the feedback out to the authors who submitted to me on Friday night/Saturday morning. Kinda disappointing because I had it all ready to go and then just couldn't scrounge up the time to send each letter to 91 individual people. Oh well. Doing it now!
- Five-star review from no thanks on Amazon.
- Dahlia's Guide to Bookish Twitter: Author and Twitter pal Dahlia Adler recommended people follow me on a list of worthy Twitter authors to follow, specifically if you want to learn about asexuality.
- Completed reading: Sam & Max: Surfin' the Highway by Steve Purcell. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: The Martian by Andy Weir.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0538: "Names For Us."
|Me with TINY COKE BOTTLES my mom got me!|
|Relaxing on the air mattress where I sleep at my mom's.|
YouTube subscribers: 5,024 for swankivy (22 new this week), 503 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 672 for swankivy (1 new), 1,168 for JulieSondra (12 new). Facebook: 288 friends (friended my cousin and another ace activist) and 185 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 596 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 110 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,127 (lost 2, hmm, could it be because I reblogged something feminist? Maybe).