Saturday, August 9, 2014

Personal Digest Saturday: August 2 – August 8

Life news this week: 

  • Pitch Wars has begun! Well, the preliminary stuff, anyway. Mentors have posted their wish lists. I'm on the blog hop. 
  • Did some editing on my new short story and finally decided it's more or less done. Also I'm currently calling it "That Story about Fortune Cookie Girl." Charming, eh? I submitted it somewhere on Sunday, to a magazine that not only takes stories this long BUT likes stuff that criticizes tropes and rises above genre. Well, maybe they'll like it. 
  • I posted a ton of new reviews this week on Goodreads and had a ball because, well, I was reviewing books I read more than ten years ago and I got to the part where I got to review every Animorphs book. Did 'em all in two days. :) 
  • I wrote a few pieces/answered a few sets of questions for upcoming pieces that will be featured around my book release. If anyone reading this wants to do a piece about my asexuality book on a blog somewhere around the first week of September, tell me! 
  • Redecorated my apartment for Lughasadh this week, finally. (I was late.) Now my apartment looks appropriately late-summery. 
  • I ate at New York's Best Pizza with Jeaux this week. We went to his house to watch America's Got Talent and listen to Night Vale.
Places featured: 

Reading progress:

  • Finished Field of Blood by Denise Mina. ★★★
  • Currently reading Captain Underpants #10 by Dav Pilkey.

New singing performances:



Recorded "Light Surrounding You" by Evermore.






New drawings:



Webcomic Negative One Issue 0481: "Don't Like the Words."



New videos:

Not made by me, but I was in this one for Pitch Wars:



New photos:

In bed reading, eating Pop Rocks. Nerd!


Social media counts:

YouTube subscribers: 3,675 for swankivy (31 new this week), 370 for JulieSondra (3 new). Twitter followers: 534 for swankivy (2 new), 560 for JulieSondra (69 new--yeah, it's pretty much all Pitch Wars). Facebook: 262 friends (no change) and 129 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 385 likes for JulieSondra (3 new), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 77 likes for So You Write (3 new). Tumblr followers: 1,451 (5 new).

No comments:

Post a Comment