- Obviously the Canada trip was a big deal. I was a panelist for the Asexual Leadership Q&A session and for the Asexual Visibility Content Creation session, and I attended but did not present at the History of Asexuality panel, the (A)romantic Identities panel, and the LGBTQ Communities discussion.
- It was also my first "book event," sort of. I held a drawing to win Advance Reading Copies of my book. About 50 people entered, and tons of people stopped to talk to me. Many were very, very excited about the book!
- And I went on Canadian national television. Some of you saw it.
- As if that wasn't enough, my article in The Toast happened on July 2.
- AND AND AND . . . the audio rights to my book sold! So yes, there will be an audio book.
- I had to go to the doctor twice AGAIN. I have had two more procedures--ultrasounds this time. Still diagnostic stuff and it's annoying. Just trying to rule out bad stuff for what's causing me mild pain.
- I ate at Five Guys with Jeaux this week. We listened to the Night Vale episode and watched some America's Got Talent. Soon we'll be seeing the live shows, yay.
- CTV, of course--the Canadian news station had me discussing the asexuality conference and asexuality in general.
- The Toast: My piece "Enjoy Your Houseful of Cats" went live.
- Violet Blue of Tiny Nibbles blurbed for The Invisible Orientation. You can read the blurb at the bottom of its page here. I now have FIVE blurbs!
- The Asexual Agenda mentioned my videos, my CTV appearance, and my The Toast article.
- xoJane ran an article called "I Fell In Love With an Asexual" and it recommended my video series as a good resource at the bottom.
- Finished Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman. ★★★★
- Currently reading Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz.
New singing performances:
Recorded "Head Over Feet" by Alanis Morissette.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0477: "A Successful Spell."
Asexual Leadership Q&A
Asexual Visibility and Content Creation
Conference Wrap-Up and Book Drawing
I was also in the audience on someone else's (A)romantic Identities Panel video and I offered a few perspectives from the audience. The presenter kept referring to me as "the expert." Haha.
Some you've seen:
|My first book event! At the giveaway.|
|Me with fellow activists Cole and Sara Beth|
|One of my biggest fans, my pal Alexandra, takin' selfies.|
|Me at tea and cake time|
|My reward cupcake for my latest published article. Apple Pie cupcake!|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 3,521 for swankivy (31 new this week), 357 for JulieSondra (5 new). Twitter followers: 525 for swankivy (14 new), 466 for JulieSondra (11 new). Facebook: 258 friends (4 new--I think actually I got 5 this week but someone apparently defriended me. I added some folks from Pride) and 127 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 369 likes for JulieSondra (5 new), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 73 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,407 (28 new).