Saturday, July 19, 2014

Personal Digest Saturday: July 12 – July 18

Life news this week: 

  • Went to Metrocon--an anime convention--with Victor on Saturday, dressed as The Maxx and Julie Winters. We don't have any pictures. Because we are amazingly short-sighted apparently. (Still hoping someone else's pictures of us will show up online.)
  • Mike visited me from Saturday night to Tuesday morning. We made our own pizza, watched a Chess concert DVD, went out to Japanese food, watched House, M.D., and caught up on life news.
  • Went to the doctor yet again and allowed them to abscond with bodily fluid from my veins.
  • I ate at Moe's with Jeaux this week. We listened to Welcome to Night Vale and watched some Legend of Korra: Book 3.
  • I went to a local book club for the first time and met some neighborhood readers. We went out to dinner afterwards. The book we were discussing was Odd Thomas by Koontz, which I'd read the week before. It was fun! I'm going again next month.
Places featured: 
  • I got a tiny plug on Kink Your Kindle by Violet Blue, who's one of my awesome blurbers. Violet is going to promote my book more when it's out.
  • Lara at Examiner.com wrote some stuff about my book, though it's just recycled content and I wasn't involved. It's also got a surprising number of muddy details--mentions my release date being "sometime in September" despite its release date being available, gets the name of my publisher slightly wrong, incorrectly suggests I used to think I had a psychological or hormonal problem because of my asexuality, and mentions the preorder's availability to "Amazon customers" (which implies that's the only place to get it, even though it's available for preorder at all major retailers).

Reading progress:

  • Finished Jennifer, Hecate, Macbeth, William McKinley and Me, Elizabeth by E.L. Konigsburg. ★★★
  • Currently reading The Ghosts of Ashbury High by Jaclyn Moriarty.

New singing performances:



Recorded "Sister Golden Hair" by America.






New drawings:



Webcomic Negative One Issue 0479: "That Guy."






New videos:

None.



New photos:

Mike took my picture at the Japanese restaurant, eating tofu.
I totally look drunk but I am not.
And it's that time again: Let's see how much my hair has grown since I chopped it off in February.

February 2014, back
July 2014, back
February 2014, front
July 2014, front

Social media counts:

YouTube subscribers: 3,593 for swankivy (44 new this week), 363 for JulieSondra (4 new). Twitter followers: 532 for swankivy (3 new), 485 for JulieSondra (7 new). Facebook: 260 friends (no change) and 127 followers (lost 2--wtf) for swankivy, 378 likes for JulieSondra (3 new), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 74 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,426 (8 new).

No comments:

Post a Comment