Saturday, September 2, 2023

Personal Digest Saturday: August 26 – September 1

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I got up late because of weird sleep. Spent some of the morning blogging and sending Polos. Made some index cards for my set list. Soaked some of my mom's clothes in a tub of hot water and baking soda to help get the smoke smell out. Talked to Steve on the phone for like 4 hours. Finished up my blogging and song cards. Then I tried the song cards out by practicing the set list. It's good! Had to chase a gigantic pooping white frog out of my back room before bed.

  • Sunday was band practice. We scheduled an extra-long one to get through all our songs. We took two breaks, one for snacks and one for pizza! The practice was pretty good. Then my dad drove me back to Tampa and we had a late lunch at a sushi place. I did laundry and brought my mom's clothes in to soak in a vinegar solution after my laundry was done, and I took a nap before sending Polos.

  • Monday I had one letter due and spent the rest of the day on research. Got a little distracted by news about the upcoming storm, Idalia--only a tropical storm, but rapidly looking like more. It was aiming at my area of Florida so we were nervous. In the evening we had our usual game night, after which I chatted with Jeaux and recorded a video.

  • Tuesday I sent out some invitations to teaming partners and did some data entry updates. Watched some more hurricane coverage and saw that my area of Florida was no longer being targeted for the worst which was expected to be a Category 3 storm. It was aiming a little north of me and we would likely only see tropical storm winds. I practiced a set of the songs for our concert, wrote e-mail to my new friend Ben, and processed my webcomic. Also processed my video and answered some comments. Made eggs in the middle of the night because the storm news was making it hard to sleep and the winds were crazy. A big piece of my neighbor's tree snapped off and hit their house. Somehow my area did not lose power.

  • Wednesday I woke up after bad sleep. Branches were falling off trees everywhere and a smallish one fell on my outdoor furniture, and two more branches were dangling off my neighbor's tree. There's crap all over my roof. But no major damage to my house that I can see. Jeaux was told to evacuate because of storm surge but his area didn't flood so he was able to come over as usual and we ate at IHOP and went grocery shopping. We watched What We Do in the Shadows and the first couple episodes of Heartstopper's second season.

  • Thursday I had a meeting and did some research. I also picked up the crap in my back yard. After work I went to my mom's house and gathered some knickknacks and random items for the next day's Red Cross donation pickup. I had to pay extra to get a larger rideshare vehicle to take me home because I packed up 6 boxes of stuff. I had a big struggle getting it all onto the porch but I did it, and labeled it for the pickup. Managed to get some webcomic stuff done before bed.

  • Friday I did my reports and proofread two letters. Then got my webcomic done and posted and did some walking around while talking on Polo and finally did a little dusting in the living room while practicing music.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: I have occasionally gone too long without eating when I was busy this week which made me want to eat more than I actually wanted when I finally got a meal. Really need to work on this. High weight: 122.3. Low weight: 120.8.
  • Nutrition stuff: Went back to spinach smoothies and eating more fruit! Good balance, really good this week. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I missed my walking goal one day this week--got too distracted to focus on it when the hurricane was on its way. My low day was Tuesday at 8,833 steps, and my high day was Saturday at 19,192 steps.

Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: None.

  • Currently Reading: Be Gay, Do Comics by Matt Bors. I'm on page 88.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Running" by No Doubt.



    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic So You Write Issue 147: "It's Not All Genius." 









    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0955: "Whose Fault." 





    Videos Made:

    Letters to an Asexual #106 (Friends who want or expect "more") is here. This video features a letter from an ace person struggling with unwanted romantic advances in friendships and how we should handle such things.



    New photos:

    None.

    Social Media Counts: 
    YouTube subscribers: 5,434 for swankivy (lost 4), 674 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 188 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new), 71 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 855 for swankivy (no change), 3,873 for JulieSondra (lost 5). Facebook: 296 friends for swankivy (no change), 646 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 83 followers for Negative One (1 new), 244 likes for So You Write (no change), 97 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,432 (no change). Instagram followers: 259 (2 new).


    No comments:

    Post a Comment