Saturday, September 30, 2023

Personal Digest Saturday: September 23 – September 29

Life news this week:

  • Kind of a weird week. Saturday I got up early and went to Mom's to pack up her kitchen. I got 13 boxes of dishes and stuff, but didn't have anything to put larger stuff like pots and pans or baking sheets in. Oh well, next time. Also had my first phone conversation with new friend Ben, who kept me company very well (nice, considering I didn't have internet and so couldn't play music without burning through data). Ended up spending ALL DAY there because I cleaned out more stuff in her room and her car too. (Had to turn her car on to read the odometer for a form I need to use when I sell it, which was weird for me since I don't really know how to do much car stuff.) When I got home I cleaned up, did blogging, did dishes, and talked to Meg on Polo.

  • Sunday I did some walking early because Kari was coming over and that usually involves sitting. Got my decorations up for the next season and sent a Polo to my sister. When Kari came we just got pizza and talked instead of watching any cartoons. After she left I was too tired to be productive.

  • Monday I worked on two letters, some questions, a teaming arrangement, and a debrief list. My probate lawyer decided the expected letters authorizing me to be the administrator of my mom's estate were taking too long so she investigated and it turned out the court was waiting for an affidavit of heirs. (I don't know where the ball was dropped, but I had to spend the whole day working on it since it was asking for information I didn't have easy access to.) Got in touch with my uncle for some contacts and some confirmations of stuff I dug up. Also managed to map the coordinates of where my mom's reef ball is--her final resting place, 27°17'10.6"N 82°36'01.4"W.



  • Tuesday I had meetings and negotiations at work. Got the final confirmations of the info I needed for the affidavit and made an appointment to go get it notarized. Then I found out the document got corrupted and I had to do the whole thing again. Still managed to have time to record a karaoke song and record a video for my YouTube series.

  • Wednesday involved teaming efforts and research at the office. I went to the UPS Store to get my notarized document but communication was weird and the notary wasn't there until a little while after my appointment and nobody knew whether he was coming back at all. Sigh. Then the Lyft ride back home involved a driver playing vulgar music on the radio. When I got home my air conditioner went out in the late afternoon and I had to send in a request for repair, but of course it couldn't be arranged that fast so I had to have Jeaux Day in an 82-degree house. It started pouring and before we could eat we had to go to our appointment for flu and Covid booster vaccines, but when I got there they told me they took Jeaux's insurance but not mine so they wouldn't give it to me. (Ended up being able to get it as a walk-in at the grocery store where we usually shop.) Then we ate at Applebee's, did our shopping, and finished watching Heartstopper's second season. Well, and the good news is I got paid for a short story I sold a year ago! (It's not published yet.)

  • Thursday began after a night of crappy sleep, since I had side effects from the vaccines and the temperature had gotten up to 83 degrees inside with the broken air conditioner. The repair person showed up early in the morning and went to work on it but the repair took over 5 hours (and a trip to the warehouse, and an extra technician brought in). But it got fixed! I was very tired all day but couldn't nap because I had something like SIX MEETINGS and got put in charge of one more thing to track and initiate, so I had to work on that and couldn't take a nap until after the day ended. I recorded some Polos and worked on my webcomic. Game Night was small because Steve wasn't there and Jeaux was knocked out from his own side effects. Went to bed early.

  • Friday I finally took care of some outstanding communications and worked on some teaming efforts and reports. Had a quick planning chat with an interviewer for a podcast I'll record with them soon, and I worked on my comic in between music practice and walking. Caught up on the last episodes of Fionna and Cake. Loved it.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

New Reviews:
Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Back to pretty regular munching and not much has changed. I really have not been in the mood for smoothies for a couple months now and I think I'm going to have to aim for something else to get the greens in for a while. High weight: 123.1. Low weight: 121.5.
  • Nutrition stuff: Did a good job with balancing but it was mostly accidental? Could do with less fat in my diet some days. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Tuesday at 10,218 steps, and my high day was Saturday at 15,607 steps.

Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: None.

  • Currently Reading: Be Gay, Do Comics by Matt Bors. I'm on page 125.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds.



    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0959: "Once and For All." 





    Videos Made:

    Letters to an Asexual #107 is out: In this video, I read a post made by a lesbian who thought asexual people don't have bad enough problems to earn a queer identity, and do not experience any kind of oppression, entirely based on her own experience.



    New photos:

    None.

    Social Media Counts: 
    YouTube subscribers: 5,437 for swankivy (no change), 675 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 190 for Not-So-Giant Women (lost 1), 71 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 852 for swankivy (no change), 3,856 for JulieSondra (lost 5). Facebook: 297 friends for swankivy (1 new; new pal Ben and I friended each other), 647 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 245 likes for So You Write (no change), 97 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,432 (no change). Instagram followers: 265 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment