Saturday, September 9, 2023

Personal Digest Saturday: September 2 – September 8

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I practiced music and cleaned stuff, and that's about it outside of blogging. Also just organized some papers that had been floating around my office.

  • Sunday I did some more cleanup in the house, made a Polo, wrote my comic, and practiced music in between drawing. Also made some mashed potatoes. Yum.

  • Monday I was off for Labor Day. My clothes dryer broke so I had to hang out clothes that I'd washed. Did so while chatting on the phone with Yasmin. Also got my comic processed so I wouldn't have to deal with it during the family visit. After putting out trash and putting away dishes, I met my friends for game night. Then had to deal with more clothes hanging and Polo watching.

  • Tuesday I went back to work. We did a letter and a meeting, and I did some document downloads and some research. Then just did a little last minute cleanup before my family came in. My family from California arrived and we relaxed together, got pizza, and had some talky time with my sister.

  • Wednesday I got a short coffee time with my sis before meetings. At lunch we did an errand getting a new floor mat for my kitchen (my flooring in there is messed up and I was worried it could hurt someone's feet), and I got some cute new plants. In the afternoon I sent out teaming invitations and collected info for reports. After work we picked up SoFresh food and went to Jeaux's pool to swim. It was lovely. Then we played the family edition of Cards Against Humanity, and got to chat a little before bedtime.

  • Thursday I went to work and did reports, and the repair person came to fix my dryer (which he did successfully!). Spent time with my family and wanted a nap but did not take one. I washed some bedclothes for my other sister who was coming in later. When Lindsay did come in, we hung out a while and then got some sushi for everyone. We played Cards Against Humanity again and made dough for Cookie Cats. :)

  • Friday I had the day off but still checked in in the morning and late evening to deal with timesheets. We had to go to Sarasota for the casting procedure for my mom's ashes. It was a strange process where they mix the ashes into a concrete solution and make a ball with it (a "pearl") which is later installed in a reef ball. We also got to decorate the collar of the reef ball. Then the family headed out to lunch where I ate mushroom risotto and enjoyed a bit of crème brûlée. After we got back to my dad's house, I had a long nap while my brother-in-law had a work call and everyone else hung out on the patio or went swimming. Good times. We hung out for a while (after I got up) and came back to Tampa, where we ate leftovers and enjoyed chill time together.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

New Reviews:

  • Hind gave The Invisible Orientation a three-star review on Goodreads, noting that it's hardly useful today but would have been useful if they'd read it a decade ago. Too bad they didn't read it when it came out, haha!
Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Nothing too notable here! Just kind of maintaining and hoping to not do too much eating when I'm not hungry when I'm hanging out with family. High weight: 122.3. Low weight: 121.5.
  • Nutrition stuff: Oh, it's been all over the place. I am low on protein a lot this week, I think. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Thursday at 10,074 steps, and my high day was Monday at 24,313 steps.

Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: None.

  • Currently Reading: Be Gay, Do Comics by Matt Bors. I'm on page 88.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "E.T." by Katy Perry.



    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0956: "Her Own Mistakes." 





    Videos Made:

    None.

    New photos:


    Drying laundry

    Caftan sisters!

     Playing in Jeaux's pool

    New hairdos

    Cookie Cat dough!

    Making Cookie Cats

    Stirring ashes

    My mom's plaque

    Reef Ball

    Selecting decorations

    Decorating the collar

    Decorating the collar

    Decorating the collar

    Decorated reef ball collar

    Family with reef ball

    Ash trying crème brûlée

    Dad & Patricia enjoying espresso

    Sisters doing the crossword

    Social Media Counts: 
    YouTube subscribers: 5,436 for swankivy (2 new), 674 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 189 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new), 71 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 852 for swankivy (lost 3), 3,875 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 296 friends for swankivy (no change), 646 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 83 followers for Negative One (no change), 244 likes for So You Write (no change), 97 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,432 (no change). Instagram followers: 260 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment