Saturday, July 2, 2022

Personal Digest Saturday: June 25 – July 1

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I was up on the early side, got my blogging done early, made some Polos, updated my website, did some dishes, threw out some stuff from the fridge, and watched The Office a little. Took a nap and took some walks. Met with Daria to record our podcast episodes for the episodes "Alone at Sea" and "Greg the Babysitter." We did a lot of chatting before and after as well and then I went to bed.

  • Sunday I had breakfast and coffee before Dad picked me up for practice. We had a really good practice and changed up our lunch plans to go to Madfish Grill. After he took me home I did laundry and took out the trash like usual on Sunday, and I took a ridiculously long nap. Finished the laundry, watched news, and watched The Office.

  • Monday was a hairy day at work! I finalized my utility meeting agenda, edited a letter, went to three meetings (one of which was three hours long), dealt with comments on another utility project, and did some maintenance on files. After I got a chance to take walks and listen to music in the afternoon, I played games with my friends and planned a video. I got up in the middle of the night because of online drama.

  • Tuesday I got up after a rough night of being harassed by weirdos in the middle of the night and receiving passive-aggressive text messages. I had to jump into running my utility meeting, which went fine, and then had to go right into rehearsals for our interview. Also sent in a proposal package that was due and tried to tune in to some of the January 6th hearing but I ran out of time. Dad picked me up and we went to Sarasota for our first band performance! It rained, but we still got to perform, and it went pretty well, especially for a first time. I didn't forget the words. :) After Dad drove me home I had to get everything ready for an early day the next day.

  • Wednesday I got up at 5:30 AM and got dressed for my interview. Took a Lyft car to meet my team and we drove to Fort Myers. We stopped at a Racetrac for coffee part of the way there. We were nice and early for our interview and hung out studying our aerial map for a while. Then we were called in and our questions were not exactly what we expected but we were well prepared to answer! We didn't run out of time and I was proud of the team. (I did get to talk about utilities, too!) We stopped for lunch on the way back at Cracker Barrel. My coworker and I showed each other fun videos in the backseat on the way home. I got dropped off at home. Then I did some online work stuff, took a nap, and went out with Jeaux to get groceries and pick up Chinese food. We then watched Colbert and more episodes of Umbrella Academy, and we took a walk like usual.

  • Thursday I worked on my Tuesday meeting minutes to send out and did a bunch of data entry. I also managed to make both a So You Write comic and a Letters to an Asexual video in the same day so I could still say I did them this month. Victor surprised me by calling during the usual window and I was able to tell him I sent his documents to him. Talked to Meg too.

  • Friday I finalized the minutes and sent them out, worked on data entry, prepared upcoming project reports, and worked on timesheets. Got my webcomic done and took breaks between frames getting my steps while watching silly reactions on YouTube. Then I recorded a karaoke song and went to sleep.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

  • Nicholas Yandell, a bookseller from Powell's, made LGBTQIA+ bookmarks with recommended titles on them as a feature of Pride month. My book was featured on the bookmark for LGBTQIA+ Coming-Out-Related Books.



New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: I think my eating habits changed a little because of stress this week. Nothing drastic but I didn't eat as much, and maybe that explains the drop here. High weight: 118.1. Low weight: 116.4.
  • Nutrition stuff: Jumped back into regular smoothies once I got some more spinach, and back into more fruit. I did have more restaurant meals than usual (Sunday, Tuesday, two on Wednesday) but I made reasonable choices. Vitamins have been consistent!
  • Activity stuff: I made my step goals every day this week. My low day was Friday at 10,258 steps, and my high day was Thursday at 12,457 steps.
Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently reading: Dirty Job by Christopher Moore. I'm on page 292.

    New singing performances:

    Tides of Time performance June 28, 2022: My band's first performance at an open mic night on Tuesday!


    This week's karaoke song is "What I Am" by Edie Brickell and New Bohemians.



    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic So You Write Issue 133: "Adaptation." 








    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0894: "Their Names." 





    Videos Made:

    Letters to an Asexual #92 ("So only cis straight men hate aces?") This is #92 of a series in which I read correspondence between me and people who have questions, comments, or--more often--misconceptions about asexuality. In this video, a commenter is scandalized that I uttered the phrase "cis hetero man" in a video and assumed my analysis of toxic masculinity meant I'm shaming men and blame only cis straight men for anti-asexual rhetoric. I debunk that, discuss majority groups' privilege in context, and talk about other major groups who have been using poisonous messages to harass asexual people.




    New photos:

    None.

    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,421 for swankivy (3 new), 676 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 143 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 917 for swankivy (no change), 3,174 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 295 friends for swankivy (lost 1, don't know who), 636 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 235 likes for So You Write (1 new), 90 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,451 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 241 (lost 1).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment