Saturday, March 27, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday: March 20 – March 26

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I went on a pretty epic walk because I don't have a printer and needed to print stuff for taxes. So I walked 5.5 miles and visited a FedEx Kinko's and managed to get my stuff done. I even got a sunburn while I was out there walking! But it was a nice time listening to music and good weather. When I got home I had time for a shower, dinner, and rest before jumping into the podcast recording of two really good episodes with Daria. I still had time to finish blogging after. Great day.

  • Sunday I caught up on some rest and got the trash and laundry done. Also did a karaoke song from the band list. I got some podcast editing done and practiced violin and piano lines (extremely poorly) for a silly video I'm trying to make but will probably suck. Sadly I don't know if my step count was met because my app froze and it didn't count a bunch of my steps during my chores. Oh well. Made some Polos for my sister and posted some recipes.

  • Monday was very busy at work. I thought it was going to be a short letter and a long letter due but when the day was almost over my co-worker asked me to help prepare another long letter that slipped through the cracks and we barely made it. Did some Polos for my sister and hung out on game night. My mom had suggested a sleepover because she had a morning appointment with me to do taxes, but she slept until after it was already dark so she didn't come over. Had a nice chat with Jeaux while walking.

  • Tuesday I had a half day off to go to the taxes appointment with Mom. She didn't show up when she said she would but she also did not make us late for the appointment so I consider that a win! Then I helped her brush her hair and went back to work after she left. I had a bunch of stuff to get done but I got through it. Then I took a long nap after work and didn't wake up in time to get all my steps in (just by a little bit, though).

  • Wednesday was slow at work. I did some following up on tasks that are getting behind schedule with one of the projects, and ate three green things at breakfast and lunch (avocado, spinach smoothie, and an artichoke). Chatted to Dad for a bit on the phone and sent Polos to P. Started some pizza dough after I got off work and Jeaux and I grocery shopped while it rose. We made square pizza with mushrooms and vegetarian sausage, and we watched some new Digimon and some silly videos. Took a walk too.

  • Thursday was low-key but involved a lot of bothering people to give me paper. Wrote my storyboards for the comics and practiced instruments. I found out Florida is lowering the vaccination age to 40 on Monday so I was able to finally get an appointment and it's next week for our first dose (going with Jeaux). Victor ended up calling me a lot later than usual so I got to talk to him and draw some comics. Some raccoons had a war in my back yard while I was on the phone. Later one of them made a racket out there knocking another one out of a tree or something.

  • Friday I got some extra sleep in the morning and ended up getting a quick visit from my sister Lindsay and her husband Mike. Neither of us are vaccinated yet so everything was at a distance and outside at my patio table, but we had some sodas and chatted. It was really, really nice to see them. Then I had to go back to work, doing some utility stuff and reports. Afterwards I scrambled around to get my comics done and then, starting after midnight, I began to make a cake.
New Reviews of My Book:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Stable. High weight: 110.8 pounds. Low weight: 109.7. It really doesn't seem to be changing much at all regardless of whether I have high-calorie or low-calorie days.
  • Nutrition stuff: Well, I've noticed that this week the calories I'm taking in from fat are higher than usual. Not sure what's causing my choices to lean in that direction, but maybe it's just that I keep putting cheese on stuff. It's not huge but it's an obvious imbalance. (And it's coming at the expense of carbs, not protein.) I dunno. I haven't been doing super great with getting the right veggies in but I've been drinking more juice for vitamin C.
  • I missed my step goal a couple days this week (not including the day where I don't know what it was because the app froze during a long walk). Friday I wasn't able to get moving with working late and doing the comic. The trek to get my papers printed gave me a big boost in steps this week. High day was Saturday: 18,428 steps. Low day was Friday: 7,802 steps.

Reading progress:

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Amazing" by Aerosmith.




    Stuff Drawn:


    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0828: "Not Calling Him." 





    New videos: 

    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 20: Coach Steven is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Coach Steven" and cover such topics as Amethyst and Garnet's relationship (and how that influences their Fusion), how Sugilite is different from Opal, how a Fusion might exist in some capacity even when she is not fused, Amethyst's attitude toward fusing with Garnet versus fusing with Pearl, Daria's theories on the consequences of staying fused too long and whether it's healthy, Steven looking up to Sugilite, the racial coding of the Gems, whether the musical numbers are generally being sung in-universe, and why certain characters get to be Funko Pops while others don't.



    New photos:

    Got a cute new cup.



    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,290 for swankivy (no change), 667 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 113 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new). Twitter followers: 936 for swankivy (lost 1), 1,510 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 301 friends for swankivy (1 new, but it's just a friend's new account), 625 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 74 likes for Negative One (no change), 227 likes for So You Write (no change), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,468 (1 new). Instagram followers: 229 (lost 1).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment