Saturday, March 13, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday: March 6 – March 12

Life news this week:

  • Saturday was a little lazy. I posted about food and got some blogging done. I ended up chatting with my friend Yasmin for over three hours in an unplanned phone call, after which I talked to Meggie on the phone too. A very chatty day and resulted in a lot of pacing around inside the house because I like to do that while on the phone. Definitely got my steps in! Finally I did some unboxing of some toys I finally received from someone in Mexico. I got 12 out of the 20 unique toys in the set. Welp!

  • Sunday I got up super late and made oatmeal. Did my usual Sunday stuff like karaoke, laundry, and trash. Also had a citrus smoothie. Made some posts online hoping to trade with people to get the toys I want for that set. Made some videos for my sister and listened to her videos. And I sent my taxes to my tax preparer.

  • Monday was a slower day at work--just doing some forms for a proposal and proofreading a letter. Then I ate a burrito and played games with my friends. My sister had a birthday but we didn't hang out because she just wanted to eat food and chill. Aw. Set up some trades for toys.

  • Tuesday work was a little bit hairy but the hair was spaced out so it was okay. Did some utility coordination stuff. I took a walk to the post office to mail a package to Mexico to trade toys with someone. And I finished processing a video for Not-So-Giant Women again, so I got two out very close together! Received a message saying my book is being published in French? I'll make an announcement when I know the details.

  • Wednesday was very busy. Spent a bunch of time on a proposal and meetings. After work Jeaux and I ate pasta that I looked up a recipe for on a whim while we were driving to the grocery store! It was a cool sauce made with parmesan cheese, milk, garlic, cream cheese, and mushrooms. Yum. We ate it (and frozen garlic bread) and watched Colbert and John Oliver.

  • Thursday was just working and working and working. (I stayed up very late into the night because I expected some proposal stuff to be very time-sensitive in the morning and I wanted to get my usual Friday work done, so I basically worked a whole second work day after the first one was over.) I also talked to Victor on the phone and got a little bit of work done on my comic.

  • Friday still required a full day of work so I'm glad I stayed up the night before. I just slept a couple hours on some pillows on the floor because I wanted to be up early. We got our proposal out with a couple speed bumps and I was able to do the rest of my work. After work I had a chat with the members of the band I'm joining (my dad's band wanted a singer so I said yes!) and we talked about music we want to do. We don't have a name yet. After the call I finished my work day and then dove into finishing my comic, posted it, drank wine, and passed out on the floor because I was very tired.

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Stable. High weight: 110.8 pounds. Low weight: 109.7. Continuing to stay around my goal.
  • Nutrition stuff: Have been skipping a lot of meals and grabbing what's fast most of the week, so my nutrition has not been good and I've been forgetting to take my vitamin. But I've had spinach smoothies several times throughout the week so at least I'm keeping that going!
  • I met my step goal every day this week except I missed it by less than 200 steps on Friday! I was so mad. But I was working so much that I just didn't get moving enough. High day was Saturday: 21,455 steps. Low day was Friday: 9895 steps.

Reading progress:

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "You Were Meant For Me" by Jewel.




    Stuff Drawn:


    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0826: "Sinking In." 





    New videos: 

    Not-So-Giant Women #18: Beach Party is available to watch. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Beach Party" and cover such topics as characters' clothing shapeshifting, Pearl's duplicates, whether Garnet or Pearl would be the next one to eat food, the real-life inspiration for Nanefua, Estelle's voice, the trope of having every character have an important role, what the Gems might be like on social media, and whether Amethyst might poop. The probing question of the day: Gems don't eat, but does Daria think they need some kind of sustenance?




    Not-So-Giant Women #19: Rose's Room is available to watch. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Rose's Room" and cover such topics as Steven's non-linear maturity, the issues associated with leaving Steven alone without guardians, why Greg was the best rendering that Rose's Room came up with and whether Greg's been inside, Onion's level of creepiness in real life versus the room, whether Gems feel pain, and Garnet wearing Greg's pants. The probing question of the day: What might the other Gems' fantasy rooms might be like?


    New photos:

    Creamy Pasta!



    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,288 for swankivy (2 new), 667 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 112 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 937 for swankivy (lost 1), 1,509 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 300 friends for swankivy (1 new--one of the people trading toys with me friended me), 626 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 74 likes for Negative One (no change), 227 likes for So You Write (no change), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,467 (no change). Instagram followers: 229 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment