Life news this week:
- Saturday I finally got some rest. I also organized with my friend Daria about a podcast we want to do about Steven Universe, which is something I've wanted to do for a long time--find someone who hasn't seen it and podcast about our thoughts as we watch each episode! I slowly did blog stuff and Inktober drawings too. I did photo updates and spent too much time just eating and reading blogs.
- Sunday was slightly more productive than Saturday. I did dishes and laundry, wiped the patio table, drew for Inktober, talked to Meg while putting away laundry, organized some more with Daria, did some karaoke, and found the missing Rebecca Sugar variant comic that's missing from my collection FOR SALE ONLINE! So I bought it! Aiiiieee!
- Monday was back to work with resume updates and letters. I thought I had a dentist appointment but it was actually the next day. After work I just did drawings and more coordination with Daria.
- Tuesday I went to the dentist first thing. I don't want to admit in public how long it's been since I went to the dentist. Yikes. But! They said my teeth were in good shape after they took x-rays! I just had one cavity that needed to be filled, and I was aware that they would say that. (It hadn't been painful, but I could see the spot.) I got a cleaning and my very first filling! It was a really gentle and good experience and I'm relieved that it's done. I also went back and forth to work in between the procedures, haha. Then I did some utility coordination and signed up for an event in a couple weeks about utility design. Went home, talked to sister P on the phone about Medicare for Mom, and fell asleep early. Also, one of my Inktober drawings got an Amino front-page feature. Yay!
- Wednesday I had to start compiling some project manager data for my boss so I drove in and did the District 2 PMs for Florida. After work Jeaux and I went to eat at this restaurant called East! and I got something that sounded like a terrible idea but was delicious: a sushi burrito. It was rice, cucumber, avocado, and fried tofu wrapped in seaweed. I loved it and was sad when it was gone! After that we shopped at Winn-Dixie, watched some Stephen Colbert and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and chatted. I went to sleep early.
- Thursday I worked on my PM database for District 3. I wore my witch hat and carried my Pumpkin plush! It was funny. I posted my very last Inktober drawing and was very pleased that I drew 31 drawings in 31 days and did not miss any! At home there was a frog in my toilet. I caught him and put him outside. I drew a So You Write comic and talked on the phone to Victor. I barely got my Negative One started. I had NO trick-or-treaters at all! So sad. I'll have to eat the candy. Fell asleep pretty early. Happy Halloween.
- Friday began November so you know what that means: NaNoWriMo! That's right, National Novel Writing Month! Come buddy me! At work I finished up District 3 and started District 4 PMs. After work I sped through my comic, made a post about my new Rebecca Sugar variant comic that had arrived, and wrote enough words to be on task for the writing program. I'm continuing my novel from last year, In Bloom, and keeping track of the words separately. So excited already!
- An AVEN newbie posted about reading my book and having trouble owning the asexual label.
- I missed that The Asexual Agenda promoted my livestream last week.
- Friday, November 1: 1,685 words.
- Finished this week: Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift, Part 2 by Gene Luen Yang, Michael Dante DiMartino, and Bryan Konietzko. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: Games Wizards Play by Diane Duane. I'm on page 68.
This week's karaoke song is "I'm a Believer" by the Monkees.
Inktober continues with Steven Universe drawings!
|Day 26: Dark|
|Day 27: Coat|
|Day 28: Ride|
|Day 29: Injured|
|Day 30: Catch|
|Day 31: Ripe|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0755: "Vigilant."
|Toilet frog! Oh no!|
|Released toilet frog.|
|Rebecca Sugar comic variant!!|
|All the #1 variants|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,254 for swankivy (lost 1), 680 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 976 for swankivy (lost 1), 1,353 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 294 friends (lost 1, dunno who) and 207 followers (no change) for swankivy, 650 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 63 likes for Negative One (no change), 163 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,510 (no change). Instagram followers: 186 (lost 1).