Life news this week:
- Saturday I enjoyed a nice opportunity to not deal with anyone in person. I got my NaNo writing done and my blogging done, and spent a lot of time putting out small fires on the Internet (though I haven't managed to get back into the swing on any of my e-mail). I also hit my 1000th post on Steven Universe Amino so I made it about my new Rebecca Sugar variant comic. :)
- Sunday we got an extra hour! I thought I kinda ruined it by sleeping late and eating up the hour overnight, but then the day still felt really long and it kept feeling later than it really was. I had a potato, cleaned up the kitchen and living room, wrote some of my book, did karaoke and laundry, and discovered Mercari (an eBay-like secondhand site where I bought 3 new items I didn't have for my SU collection).
- Monday was back to work on the bus. I updated some District 4 project manager data and went to lunch with the new guy, who told me his very interesting life story. At home I talked to Daria about podcast stuff, talked to Jeaux on the phone, and just barely got my word count up to date on time.
- Tuesday I slid into work on the bus after listening to two women fighting over who touched somebody's baby. Did some proposal work. Got an unusually high word count for NaNo. (Well, unusual for the program. It's been a long time since I was writing regularly enough to get writing streaks like I used to.) Got laundry folded while talking to Mom about Medicare stuff--good chat. Ate a bunch of junk and drank wine for no good reason.
- Wednesday was more bus and more proposals and more database info collecting. Got my writing done and went out with Jeaux after work. We ate at Five Guys, shopped at Publix, and watched Season 4 of She-Ra. I took a weird nap and got up to take photos of my new shirts.
- Thursday I was lazy so I went to work in a Lyft car. Got a proposal worked on for a local city. Talked to a counselor about Medicare for Mom. Got my writing done, did a podcast equipment test with my podcast partner Daria, and had Victor over. He was supposed to do an assessment for a job that his computer wasn't fast enough to handle, but it was a bust because I sent him to a site that turned out to be a scam and when we figured that out and went to the right site, they didn't have jobs he could qualify for. We still had a good time with our Yum box with snacks from Greece, and we ate shepherd's pie for dinner.
- Friday Victor and I left the house in the morning together and took the bus to where we needed to be (me: work; him: Walmart). I did reports at work and organized some paperwork. Struggled with some prescription stuff for Mom. Did some digital errands. Had to scurry through my webcomic drawings after I got home and then tried to get some words in for NaNo but I was pretty tired and ended up with a lower-than-recommended word count. (I'm still ahead overall but still, frustrating.) I was tired so I fell asleep early.
- Gina gave it a five-star review on Goodreads.
- Saturday, November 2: 1,696 words.
- Sunday, November 3: 1,704
- Monday, November 4: 1,831 words.
- Tuesday, November 5: 2,262 words.
- Wednesday, November 6: 1,882 words.
- Thursday, November 7: 1,786 words.
- Friday, November 8: 894 words.
- Finished this week: No books finished.
- Currently reading: Games Wizards Play by Diane Duane. I'm on page 279.
This week's karaoke song is "Letterbox" by They Might Be Giants.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0756: "The Wrong Sugar."
|What a winer|
|Universal Yums Greece|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,254 for swankivy (no change), 681 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 980 for swankivy (4 new), 1,354 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 295 friends (1 new, a person from a SU group thought I was neat and asked to be my friend) and 209 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 651 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 63 likes for Negative One (no change), 163 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,509 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 187 (1 new).